Ended CCCM MEAL Assistant
Position Title: CCCM MEAL Assistant
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates,
Duration: 10 Months
Position type : Full time
Starting Date: ASAP ( As Soon As Possible )
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Position reporting to: Project Manager
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. It reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
The MEAL Assistant supports the MEAL team in all monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities and requirements of projects. This includes the development of the Project’s MEAL framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base). He/she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making. The M&E Assistant reports directly to the Project Manager. This position is full-time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day follow-up of projects activities according to the projects’ plans.
- Design daily/monthly tracking sheets for the projects’ activities.
- Develop MEAL tools, records and forms to capture and report project activities in accordance to logical framework, indicators, outputs, outcomes and goals.
- Support monitoring of the project in liaison with management, partners, Project Managers and Technical Advisors
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting against the monthly indicator performance tracking sheet.
- Design success stories after communicating with the officers of the project and the field coordinators
- Supporting the field team meetings and compile/ follow up on action providing positive and timely feedback.
- Set up complaints, feedback mechanism to ensure that all stakeholder have equal opportunities to give feedback on the project.
- Follow up using different complaint channels and ensure the correct use of complaints mechanism.
- Undertake regular visits to field sites to support on monitoring the activities implementation.
- As requested, build capacity of field staff in reporting, monitoring and application of humanitarian standards;
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Using quality checklists conduct monthly monitoring visits to monitor the quality of implementation and update projects database with relevant information and data.
- Ensure that all project staff understand and adhere to the project logical frame work, indicators and goals.
- Promote accountability to beneficiaries though accountability assessments and supporting field staff to develop information sharing materials.
- Supervise and oversee the design and implementation of baseline studies and evaluations in coordination with field team.
- Design M&E plans for the projects and timelines to conduct and follow up M&E assessments, surveys, and baselines for programs.
- Record lessons learned and good practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to field team.
- Ensure continuous follow up of project’s activities and keep regular contact with project supervisors for updates and to provide support.
- As required work alongside the M&E Officer to provide support on the smooth running of MEAL system.
- Be available and willing to support staff on aspect of MEAL, specifically on baselines, evaluations, monitoring quality and outcome, and overall assessment of progress against targets.
- Weekly & Monthly reports about the achievements & challenges to the project manager.
- Perform data collection methodology and apply M&E tools in actual data collection, as needed
- Being familiar with digitalized data collection
- Support the core competencies in baseline surveys and post-distribution monitoring (PDMs)
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and M&E staff, as needed
- Report monitoring data in a timely manner to the M&E officer
- Support M&E in capacity building and training of programme staff on M&E and conceptual areas, as needed
- Come up with new initiatives, should the opportunity arise during the employment period
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the M&E Officer, Coordinator and Department
- Any other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor
The role of the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with IYCY’s vision and mission. As such, the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to the MEAL program and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor degree in community Development, Project Planning and Management, Information Technology Education or a related Social Science degree.
- Advance use of Excel, word and e-mail
- At least 2 years' experience with NGO.
- Will have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Will have excellent self-motivation skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
- Must work independently under difficult conditions
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
Qualified Applicants meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the following link:
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.