Ended CCCM/Shelter Data Entry
Position Title: CCCM/Shelter Data Entry
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates
Duration: 10 Months
Position type Full time
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Position reporting to: M&E Assistants & Project Manager
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
The CCCM/Shelter Data Entry will be a part of the monitoring unit ensuring timely and accurate data in available for presentations and reporting. The database Entry will get field info from the field monitors, and the implementing partners to ensure data is available for verification of project deliverables. S/he will collect, record and analyze relevant data in order for the team to measure program impact and ensure compliance with organization and donor standards. Noting that, this position will be based in Taizz Participate in the development of a comprehensive database.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to IYCY policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Oversee data collection activities and conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of survey questionnaires.
- Work closely with Education, FSL, Shelter and WASH to assist with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for MEAL related reports.
- Conduct data cleaning for frequent surveys/assessments done by programme team at the area level.
- Assist in the establishment and day to day management of different databases.
- Maintain and update area MEAL database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing.
- Responsible for ensuring Monthly Indicator Tracker updated regularly to reflect projects progress and achievement.
- Responsible for ensuring indicator’s targets and achievement are recorded and updated on monthly bases in Global Output and Outcome Reporting System “GORS”.
- Assist in data collection and data entry of forms and reports as required.
- Assist in the daily documentation of feedback and complaints received via different channels.
- Establishing data bases properly based on the IDP’s information and sorting them on basis of Districts.
- verification of the intake forms and standard formats on completeness of documentation before inserting in relevant data base
- Entering data into database software precisely and ensure the accuracy of information and prevent duplication.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Ensure that the assisted list of BNFs are posted to the RRM Dashboard system on daily basis.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and do not disclose any information related to work.
- Write the monthly Figure report that describes the activities implemented in the field.
- Compile and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review, verify data and make corrections where necessary.
- Generate regular reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Preparing List of beneficiaries and the list of fingerprints and the tokens.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and not to disclose any information acquire by performing her/his duties.
- Preparing Stock tracking matrix reports.
- Collecting the photo of each distribution and archive them.
- Ensure to generate the learned lessons and project success stories
- Any other responsibilities required by the MEAL assistant or project Manager.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in information management or any other related field.
- Two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working within NGOs is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Experience in data collection tools (KoboCollect – ODK – ONA) is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to think independently and problem solve
- Prior experience with treating sensitive data (People with Special Needs, GBV survivors);
- Good knowledge of protection concepts and principles.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of IYCY.
- Excellent analytical skills and observation capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IYCY at the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted