Ended Shelter Field Coordinator (2)
Position Title: Shelter Field Coordinator (2)
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates,
Duration: 10 Months
Position type Full time
Starting Date: ASAP ( As Soon As Possible )
Application Deadline: 26- March-2020
Position reporting to: Project Manager – Shelter Program coordinator
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
The Shelter Field Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, monitoring and evaluating the assigned shelter project(s). He/she assesses shelter needs, designs projects, writes proposals, and initiates effectively manages and reports on projects in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. The Shelter Field Coordinator also provides technical support, leadership and strategic direction; meets quality standards in shelter and NFI provision, encourages beneficiary participation, liaise with other stakeholders and manages and trains shelter and NFI staff. The Shelter & NFI Project Coordinator reports directly to the Integrated Project Manager. The Field Coordinator will be based in targeted districts. He/She will ensure full coordination with the governorate and district authorities as well as, CCCM and Shelter sub-clusters' coordinators and members to ensure better planning and avoid duplication and suggest the necessary changes to the Community based surveillance movements and schedules according the needs and the local context. The Field Coordinator will ensure the supplies are provided on time and also that the activities are address on time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Support and Management:
- Work on developing and reviewing the project strategy in partnership with the concerned government authorities, local governorate authorities, directorates and beneficiaries.
- Oversee the implementation of shelter and non-food item projects in coordination with the other Project Coordinators.
- Ensure project implementation is according to the required standards/specifications and corresponding timetable of each project.
- Oversee the development of field staff trainings and continuing education programs.
- Supervise the maintenance and archiving of reports, records, and technical documents.
- Oversee shelter and NFI situational analyses, assessments, and studies in the areas targeted by the institution.
- Participate in developing policies and objectives for shelter and NFI projects.
- Supervise, plan, organize, and monitor all shelter and NFI projects and activities carried out by project managers or field coordinators and directly supervise the provision of water and environmental sanitation services in field programs.
- Prepare and submit periodic studies, reports, and evaluation around shelter and NFI projects, in coordination with the Program Quality Consultant.
- Prepare evidence-based shelter and non-food items IEC materials and get them approved by relevant authorities.
- Develop shelter and NFI projects under the supervision of the Director of Relief Programs and in cooperation with IYCY leadership, program officials, financial and operational management, and donor organizations
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation, ensuring the achievement of project indicators and results at all stages of implementation
- Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations.
- Maintain QA/QC records of all activities in the project through well-organized document register.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Coordination and Representation:
- Coordinate and communicate with relevant government and local authorities while planning new projects within the program framework, ensuring their meaningful participation to respond to the local community’s needs.
- Represent IYCY in several meetings and events related to the shelter and NFI sector, and prepare and present minutes from these meetings to Programs Manager.
- Coordinate with government agencies and international/national organizations working in the same project areas to avoid duplication and interference and to ensure success and impact
- Participate in the development and mobilization of annual resources for shelter and NFI projects and discuss with IYCY leadership and supporting parties in order to finance them.
- Prepare and send news reports to the Media Officer on field project activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly).
- Help to prepare project reports and data in coordination with the MEAL assistant.
The role of the Shelter & NFI Field Coordinator is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with IYCY’s vision and mission. As such, the Shelter & NFI Field Coordinator is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to IYCY’s shelter and non-food item distribution projects and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience).
- University degree in Engineering, Sociology, Immigration, Public Health, Human Rights specialization, or any other related field..
- At least 3-4 years’ experience working with internally displaced populations.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with Multi-Sector Integrated Projects.
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Experience in communication and coordination with donors, local authorities and stockholders.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of IYCY
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of IYCY.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
Qualified Applicants meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the following link:
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.