Ended Liaison and Communication Assistant
Position Title: Liaison and Communication Assistant
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates
Duration: 10 Months
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 26 –March- 2020
Position reporting to: Project Manager
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
SCOPE OF WORK:
Liaison Coordinator will liaise with government authorities, community groups, and NGOs to better plan and coordinate base activities in coordination with governorate office in Taiz (Governorate coordinator). He will attend the government and NGO meetings, including OCHA Hub and Health sub-cluster meetings and regular meetings with the Executive Unit ensuring the smooth implementation with no challenges. As Taiz, especially the coastal line experience very severe conflict, it is an important the Liaison coordinator shall to be hired with deep networking and communication skills in order to ensure the smoothness of implementation in the field through maintain good relations and contact with conflict parties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent IYCY towards Government entities and other key stakeholders and maintain effective relationship with them.
- Support and accompany IYCY’s senior staff for meetings with government entities whenever demanded including interpretation/translation process.
- Regularly meet local authorities’ focal points, to maintain effective organizational communications
- Ensuring that the required government (monthly/quarterly/annual) reports are submitted in timely manner to relevant government authorities
- Ensure timely processing of travel permits for international staff, between governorates and within the governorate
- Facilitate obtaining team’s movements and permits for program operation and activities implementation in the targeted areas with the relevant stakeholders and government authorities.
- Manage timely and accurate response to government orders, information, documents and letters related to IYCY’s program.
- Assist the Area Managers in the preparation of agreements, Sub-agreements and MoUs
- Draft, submit, follow up and record physical and electronic archives of all communications with government authorities, including but not limited to: program inquiries (agreements and MoUs signing) and authorization requests, mission requests, meetings and workshops, reporting, permits (work, field visit work plans)
- Attend coordination meetings on behalf of the country director or Area Managers
- Updating of contact list for the key stakeholders.
- Keep abreast and monitor of policies and procedure developments in relevant government bodies and regularly and internally share summaries
- Capture and share lessons learned for ensuring adequate collaboration with different levels of local authorities and its official bodies in the target area
- Coordinate with other INGOs to analyse and document best practices for engaging with the local authorities and obtaining programs/projects approvals
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation processes of IYCY’s projects and joint visits with authorities at district and governorate level.
- Bachelor degree in any related field.
- At least one year of professional experience in similar field.
Other skills required:
- Advance English Language skills.
- Commitment to excellence and results oriented.
- Strong verbal and textual communication skills and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with related health and non-health stockholders.
- Excellent Computer skills and MS office such as, Excel and word.
- Knowledge and strong adherence to humanitarian principles and values.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IYCY at the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted