Ended Logistics Assistant (2)
Position Title: Logistics Assistant(2)
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates
Duration: 10 Months
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Position reporting to: Logistic Officer & HR assistant
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen is a non-governmental organization that aims for no profit which is targeting youth and community in general. It works on establishing the civilized culture in the areas of education, health, human rights, freedom, and the economy; also it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
The International Youth Council-Yemen was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
The Logistics Assistants work in the field in Taizz governorate for shipping and receiving the supplies in all aspects of warehouse operations including receipt, warehousing, inventory, and asset Management, transport, distribution of and review the documentations in the field for the project Items in the target districts in Taizz. the Logistics/Shipping Assistant ensures timely and cost-effective delivery of supplies of the project
- Prepare, get approval, make orders and proceed to local purchase according to established IYCY and donor procurement procedures, using correct formats and collecting/filing correct documents.
- Execute and follow up all procurement procedures (bids, offers, appraisals of quality and price) and follow-up with PMs and admin-fin department for the preparation of contracts with awarded suppliers, and accordingly follow-up on contract signing and document/payment delivery and collection
- Arrange and update all logistic files and documents in proper archives (digital and hard copies)
- Ensure the establishment and regular updating of the supplier list for IYCY, in coordination/upon verification with the admin-fin department for goods, services and suppliers.
- Organize and supervise all logistic aspects and documentation for good/supplies transport and distributions together with PMs: way-bills, packing lists, final delivery/distribution records
- Conduct bookings and reservations of events and venues, per 3 quotations
- Follow up and update regularly (minimum once a month) the inventory of materials and equipment (office and project related, in hard and electronic copies)
2. Coordination, planning, reporting and team management
- Assist the Program Managers in all logistic aspects of IYCY activities in Taiz : ensure weekly & monthly needs mapping per project team, to ensure grouped purchases, where possible and relevant
- Participate in staff coordination meetings and provide updates per project and per purchase order, especially for competitive negotiated procurements
- Oversee the planning IYCY fleet management and security procedures
- Supervise daily presence and leave of logistic staff
- Report any problem or inconvenience related to the logistics team or any of its members to the line management
- Ensure detailed and orderly record keeping and filing
- Monthly delivery of logistics report to line management
- Ensure the proper functioning of warehouse procedures (in/out registration), check of stocks on a regular basis and report to the immediate supervisor
- Update on daily basis stock cards, bin cards and stock reports, reporting on monthly basis or as when required.
- Set up emergency stock levels for key consumable items and alert the program manager to process the purchase requests and avoid shortages.
- Prepare emergency fuel stocks and report to program manager when the levels are below acceptable levels (vehicles and generator)
- Supervise warehouses’ staff in IYCY assigned field offices.
4. Fleet management
- Check and supervise the proper functioning and schedule preventive maintenance of IYCY fleet.
- Check and supervise the proper use of log books for each vehicle, recording fuel consumption and sufficient fuel stock levels.
- Supervise the correct use of the vehicles, only by IYCY staff and authorized individuals and strict adherence to no weapons or unauthorized items policy.
- Prepare travel arrangements to project sites and any other location (check-up vehicles conditions, fuel, radio, drivers, etc.), including movement plan, permits and safe travel
- Check on weekly basis the status of the emergency kits and tool boxes in each vehicle.
5. Reporting Arrangements
- The Logistics Assistant will produce several reporting documents monthly such as stock report; updated store records, weekly and monthly procurement reports, assets reports, and fleet management reports.
• At least 2 year of experience in logistics department.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in technical studies.
• Demonstrated experience in supply chain management and fleet management.
• Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must) and good knowledge on computer soft and hardware
• Good at English speaking and writing. At least 2 years previous field experience in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
• Highly motivated, eager to learn and hard worker.
• Holder of a valid Yemeni driving license (minimum 1 year)
• Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
• Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
• Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
• Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
• Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
• Practical and problem-solver
• Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
• Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of IYCY.
• Highest levels of ethics, honesty, transparency, and accountability;
• Experience and willingness to work in the field.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IYCY at the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted