Ended Security and Safety Assistant
Position Title: Security and Safety Assistant
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorate
Duration: 10 Months
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
The Safety & Security Assistant will to carry out safety and security assessments, make recommendations and provide support for the implementation of IYCY projects in the field. The Safety & Security help in the implementation process of IYCY’s Safety and Security Policy and Standards within country programs and help drive systemic change in the quality of safety and security management in effective and efficient manner.
- Assists in the development of security plans and other contingencies.
- Undertake periodic security assessments.
- Assists in undertaking implementation and compliance with IYCY Safety & Security Policy and Standards.
- Assists in developing, coordinating and deliver capacity building in safety and security training for staff.
- Assists in incident mapping, reporting, and analysis.
- Ensures all security related information is timely shared with staff in Sana’a and in the field levels.
- Transmits and receives messages.
- Assists in providing safety security management advice, and guidance.
- Track all field missions and movement of staff.
- Provide updates and information, verbally and in writing as well as send advisories when required.
- Ensures that all security administration (e.g. records, files, documentation) is handled in a thorough and timely manner.
- Ensures that all security related data and files are constantly updated.
- Assist in providing security briefings and other security related inductions.
- Undertake other security-related functions or responsibilities assigned by the Security Officer.
Required qualification and experience
- A Bachelor Degree in Development and/or Humanitarianism, Social Sciences, Security Management or a relevant field.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working with INGOs in security management is preferred, but other relevant areas would be considered.
- Native Arabic speaker and advanced English language skills a necessity.
- Skilled in the use of all computer applications.
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to develop and implement successful training sessions;
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with state and non-state actors
- Full understanding of the security context in Yemen.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of safety and security management.
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
- Supervisory and managerial skills with proven ability to manage a demanding workload
- Fluent in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written/verbal communication skills,
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IYCY at the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted