Ended Health Activities Supervisors (3)
Position Title: Project Health Activities Supervisors (3)
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates
Duration: 10 Months
Position type Full time
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Position reporting to: Health Officer
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
Health Activities Supervisors will be assigned to work on the implementation of the health activities in the district level. S/he will be responsible of overall health activities ensuring it meets the project plan as designed. S/he has to work in close coordination with different stakeholders in the district in addition to the volunteers in the targeted communities. He/ She will facilitate the staff under his supervision on activities implementation quality.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the implementation of the health program activities
- Raise purchase request and any other documents asked by the health manager and officers
- Prepare correspondence, schedule meetings and maintain proper filing and documentation
- Assist the health staff in coordination, preparation and implementation of activities at field level
- Handle the printing and scanning tasks of all needed materials and tools
- Assist the team in preparation and coordination of trainings
- Coordinate and communicate with Logistics, finance, compliance, HR departments and ensure the provision of all the relevant requested documentations
- Follow up with procurement department on the PR raised and timely delivery
- Translation of documents whenever needed
- Prepare documentation for the payment of monthly incentives to the HF staff
- Any other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
- Provide technical support to project staff for the improvement of utilization of health services in target areas.
- Coordinate with community leaders, community volunteers, project staff and partners organizations to implement health activities and work closely with them to improve quality of the project services.
- Provide technical assistance to other programs when requested by the supervisor.
- Prepare reports for the supervisor with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the project in the target communities
- Work in close collaboration with other IYCY staff (Wash, Health, Nutrition etc.) in the target areas – develop joint work plans.
- Support IYCY trained volunteers and teachers in the implementation of project activities
- Any other duties as required.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor degree in community Development, Project Planning and Management, Education or a related Social Science degree or diploma .
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in program or in support functions (logistics, supply etc.)
- Results-oriented attitude, with the ability to establish and supervise technical lines, promote communication, knowledge sharing and culture of learning, manage multiple work streams while ensuring quality
- Ability to rapidly understand the policy, strategic and institutional environment
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools
- Good skills in computer software, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Commitment to participatory and inclusive methods of working
- Strong Writing skills in English
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IYCY at the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted