Ended Health and WASH Data Entry
Position Title: Health and WASH Data Entry
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates
Duration: 10 Months
Position type Full time
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Position reporting to: M&E Officer & Project Manager
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
The Health and WASH Data Entry will be a part of the monitoring unit ensuring timely and accurate data in available for presentations and reporting. The database Entry will get field info from the field monitors, and the implementing partners to ensure data is available for verification of project deliverables. S/he will collect, record and analyze relevant data in order for the team to measure program impact and ensure compliance with organization and donor standards. Noting that, this position will be based in Taizz Participate in the development of a comprehensive database.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Help Project Manager in training the new staff in information system formats and make sure that all concern people at health facility level understand the reporting system.
- Collect, Revise, enter daily, weekly and monthly reports into health and nutrition database, including online systems, and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Analyze data per each targeted sites and illustrates the achievement for each week and month.
- Provide coaching to key staff on the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and revise the reports before submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports and databases.
- With support of Project Manager, develop Individual monthly and or quarterly plans for refresher trainings and on job coaching of facility staff on reporting
- Urgently inform the Health program officer and coordinator of any disease outbreaks and consult on the mitigation plan.
- Analyze the data and prepare weekly and monthly report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement and advice on the actions that need to be taken in liaison with the Project Manager and coordinator.
- To help in conducting health surveys and according to the needs.
- Documentation of all document related for the project, including reports, data base, and MEMOs. assessment reports.
- Provide support in preparing up to date and accurate data on targeted districts (villages, population, targeted areas.
- Participate in data, reporting, training, and making various registration forms, sheets, survey outputs, reporting forms.
- Maintain data backup on regular basis, (hard and soft)
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Take up any job related assignment as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in entry of baseline, midline, end-line, and PDM surveys as required.
- Create data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Day to day entry of activities statistics and data.
- Respond to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Support an on-going process of beneficiary verification.
- Design (Kobo Collect, ONA, ODK) data collection tools and manage databases.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Field visits which may include over nights in the field to conduct an on-going data collection process interviews with beneficiary households and other stakeholders and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy.
- Comply with YGUSSWP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Hold a BA in computer sciences or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in working with National/ International NGOs.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel.
- Knowledge of KOBO, ODK and ONA programs for smart tool data collection is a strong asset.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.
- Ability to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment.
- Prior experience with treating sensitive data (People with Special Needs, GBV survivors);
- Good knowledge of protection concepts and principles.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of IYCY.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IYCY at the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted