Ended Health Programme Assistant
Position Title: Health Programme Assistant
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates,
Duration: 10 Months
Position type Full time
Starting Date: ASAP ( As Soon As Possible )
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Position reporting to: Health Programme Coordinator, Health officer (technically) and Human Resource (administratively)
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
Health Programme Assistant will be responsible to assist health Programme. S/he will assist in daily follow up of planned project activities at field level and fully supporting field teams especially in processing of financial documents, linking the field teams with support departments at country level as well as proper filing of project documents and reports. S/he will dedicate 100% of his time per month supporting project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with Health Programme Coordinator to ensure constant and timely support in planning and implementation of project activities
- Planning and coordinating all project activities with health line ministry officials - MoPH at National level
- keep health databases and accurate and up to date and facilitate financial process.
- Closely coordinate with field teams , HR assistant and Admin departments in recruitment of required project supported Health Workers (HWs) and Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) and ensure contracts are processed/issued in timely manner.
- Constant and timely support to field health and administrative teams for effective implementation of project activities
- Work closely with field teams in gathering any required data/information of the project locations.
- Make regular field visits for technical support to IYCY field staffs and participate in some key activities like trainings to ensure required standards are maintained.
- Assist line supervisor and M&E in reviewing health related progress reports and other relevant data to ensure they are of good quality.
- Identifying and documenting best practices and breakthroughs for purposes of improving future projects/activities.
- In close collaboration with health program coordinator, media and communication officer, develop a process-based case stories and fact sheets to show case project achievements.
- Actively participate and support line supervisor in proposal and Concept Notes development
- Perform any other duty as requested by line supervisor
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in medicine, public health or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in program or in support functions (logistics, supply etc.)
- Results-oriented attitude, with the ability to establish and supervise technical lines, promote communication, knowledge sharing and culture of learning, manage multiple work streams while ensuring quality
- Ability to rapidly understand the policy, strategic and institutional environment
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools
- Good skills in computer software, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Commitment to participatory and inclusive methods of working
- Strong writing skills in English
Qualified Applicants meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the following link:
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.