Ended WASH Technical Site Supervisor (3)
Position Title: WASH Technical site supervisor (3)
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorate
Duration: 10 Months
Position type Full time
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 26 March 2020
Position reporting to: WASH Officer& Field coordinator
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
WASH Technical Supervisor-Based in Al Maafer, Mawza, and Jabal Habashi Districts He/She must undertake and complete all of the construction related tasks and requirements. He/ She provides feedback report to the WASH responsible concerning any constraints regarding the implementation of the rehabilitations and other technical gaps also share the appropriate recommended areas for improvement
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the implementation of the WASH program activities
- In collaboration with the WASH officer and Field Coordinator, assess the health facilities for rehabilitation requirements
- Develop detailed bills of quantities (BOQ) and drawings for the construction/Rehabilitation works required at the sanitation facilities in the health centers, based on assessment and program requirements.
- Assist in developing rehabilitation and construction project budget estimation.
- Work with Project manager and WASH officer to draw up works tender documents and provide technical support to Bid Committees
- Assist to supervise the construction/rehabilitation process, ensuring that it is completed within timelines and according to approved BOQs.
- Where necessary, take samples for laboratory testing of materials and workmanship
- Assist of ensuring that variations are approved by Civil & WASH engineer’s advisor according to standard procedures before giving work order to the contractor
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality and from acceptable country of origin
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones, and provide report to WASH officer so payment to contractors can be processed
- Assist to seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works at the critical stages; especially at the start and completion.
- Provide capacity building to project technical staff and all WASH activities in the field.
- As appropriate, ensure that the contractor maintains proper inventory control systems of commodities/goods transactions
- Technical training of members of WASH committees, governmental staff on how to use and maintain the water sanitation facilities.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports and filed visit reports at critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
- Work closely with the project team to mobilize the target communities and other relevant sides in order to make them good sensitized with whole project activities including WASH interventions.
- Assist project team in all soft work activities (carrying out baseline survey/Assessments, formation of community committees).
- As required, support emergency planning processes and response in regards to WASH.
- Coordinate with community leaders project staff to implement WASH activities and work closely with them to improve quality of the project services
- Assist coordination, preparation and implementation of WASH activities at district level
- Coordinate and communicate with Logistics, finance, compliance, HR departments and ensure the provision of all the relevant requested documentations
- Any other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
- Work in close collaboration with other IYCY staff (Wash, Health, etc.) in the target areas – develop joint work plans.
- Any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- 3 years relevant experience in same field.
- Experience at preparing various engineering reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction management.
- Experience in preparing Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and budgets.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
- Willing and capable of adopting a questioning attitude.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English & Arabic.
- Oral and written Language skills in English.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
- NGO or humanitarian work experience.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IYCY at the following link:
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.