Ended Admin & HR Officer
Job Title: Admin & HR Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Location: Yemen | Al Dale
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
IRC begun work in Yemen in 2012. Since IRC established its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small projects to handling large scale emergency and relief operation. Following the war which broke out in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster which was created by the same, IRC lauched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwa and Aldhalee. Currently the organization have a plan to extend the humanitarian it offers way north to the people affected by the war in and around Sanaa.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the Supervision of the HR & Admin Manager, the HR Admin Officer is responsible for supporting recruitment, onboarding, National staff / consultant contract management, performance management, time and leave management and supporting the field offices.
The HR Admin Officer will work closely with the HR & Admin team to ensure HR Admin processes are seamlessly implemented and in line with the IRC Yemen policies and guidelines. He / she is in contact with staff and should ensure that the HR Admin department with dedication provides impeccable and people friendly services in line with IRC Yemen policies and guidelines.
- Work closely with Senior Recruitment and Mobility Officer on posting of Job adverts in the field as when required.
- Coordinates written tests and interviews held at the field office and ensure accurate supporting documentation are sent for all field recruitments.
- Working with the HR Admin Manager coordinates a comprehensive orientation schedule for all new staff.
- On-boards in-coming staff onto IRC Staff National Policy. Ensure that policies are well articulated during the onboarding process.
- Periodically support the orientation of staff on IRC HR Policies and procedures.
- Maintain an oversight and tracker on contract periods and initiates discussion on extension review with HR Admin Manager
- Preparation of service contracts for casuals and maintaining the service contracts trackers
- Supports the HR Admin Manager in follow up on performance appraisal process for IRC Staff.
- Communicate to line managers on appraisal due and ensuring that appraisal procedures are followed and ensuring the right appraisal templates are used.
- Follow up on hard copies of performance Evaluations and objectives
- Updating the performance management tracker and ensuring that all eligible staff have been appraised
- Ensuring appraisal documents are filed in each staff file.
- Custodian of leave application
- Verification of leave prior to approval and updating the leave tracker for all staff on a weekly basis.
- Updating the timesheet tracking schedule on a monthly basis and sharing it with the HR Manager via the share drive.
- On a monthly basis update the HR Admin Manager of leave utilization by staff to prevent undue levels of accruals.
- Assist for all issues relating to office and guest house facility management.
- Develop systems for replenishment of inventory required for facilities, supervise and train support staff e.g cleaners, janitors etc.
- Work closely with the supply chain and finance team for procurement/replenishment of supplies
- Assist with all day-to-day maintenance inquiries and investigating complaints
- Maintaining inventories and ensuring an adequate supply of materials and related items
- Help in the review of all administrative suppliers’ invoices and quotations
- Preparation of payment for all agreements (Rentals, Water Supply, ETC)
- Focal point for all workshop organizations to include making arrangements, availing supplies, etc
- Maintain and balance other IRC administrative procedures and files
- Handles the Incentive Workers and casual labors.
- Prepares casual labor documentations and contracts for all programs.
- Maintain the GH and the office field visitors.
- Attend weekly meetings and prepare the weekly meeting reports.
- Runs office and admin petty cash
- Receives visitors and provide accommodation at the GH.
- Responsible for following up medical cards, IRC cards, cell phones and SIM cards for the employees
- Ensure updating of service contract, leave data base, timesheet database, master contract list, and other reports prepared and consolidated for management use as appropriate.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Administration preferably in an INGO setting.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Attention to details.
- Teammate with excellent interpersonal and social skills.
The Job based in Al-Dhalea and could be asked to travel to Aden and IRC other field offices.
The IRC and IRC workers must abide to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operate implements forces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: March 30, 2020.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.