Ended Economic Security Generalist Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Economic Security Generalist Field Officer (Ecosec)
Contract type: Open Ended
Level of Post: B3
Number of Posts : 3 Posts
Duty Station: Sanaa
Announcement date: 16.03.2020
EcoSec Generalist – Flying will be part of Rapid Response Unit with the following mandate:
- To ensure additional human resource and technical support to sub sites during assessments, implementation, and follow up in meeting the demands where assistance may be needed.
- To provide addition resources when existing FOs are busy with other priorities of the SD.
- Improve capacity of EcoSec sub site teams through coaching of resident staff on the EcoSec strategy and procedures, new methodologies and new technologies adopted.
- Provide Hands on training to various staff members on assessment, organization of distributions, coordination etc.
Economic Security Generalist plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) program in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior. He/she will remain responsible for all phases of the program (in line with the EcoSec Operational Plan) within his specific geographical area (as agreed by his/her immediate supervisor), implementation status (planned vs achieved) with minimum acceptable quality standards.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Working under supervision and with support from the Economic Security Coordinator, has most of the following responsibilities.
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools.
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
- Designs databases; supervises and carries out data entry in the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Interprets basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Analyses data collected using the household economy approach to identify economic security gaps and develop scenarios.
- Interprets market information and uses it to select and design response options.
- Collects nutrition information at the household level.
- Based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building), identifies agriculture-related response options and assess whether cash or inkind aid is more appropriate and feasible.
- Designs a suitable method for registering beneficiaries.
- Integrates best practice in terms of accountability to beneficiaries throughout the programme-cycle design.
- Ensures that proper methods, planning, implementation, logistics and reporting are used during aid distribution and can explain them.
- Ensures that monitoring is carried out.
- Takes part in expanding or strengthening the delegation's network of contacts among the population, the local authorities and/or other stakeholders.
- Contributes to internal reporting.
- Contributes to organizing and delivering capacity-building activities.
- Supervises, coaches, guides, supports and appraises EcoSec staff at the B1 and B2 levels.
- Economic Security Generalist 3 reports to the EcoSec Coordinator based in Sana’a. The specialists’ pool based in Sanaa will provide the required technical support related to their area of expertise.
- University degree in economics, anthropology, agronomy, veterinary science, nutrition, public health or considerable experience in the humanitarian field.
- Very good command of English.
- Computer proficiency proficient in excel
Professional Experience Required
- Ideally 6 years overall professional experience, including four years' experience in a similar field.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
75% Of his time spent in the field supporting other sub delegations
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
- Only short listed will be contacted
Please send your applications (by email to email@example.com indicating in the subject line: EcoSec Generalist Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 31.03.2020