Ended Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Duty Station [Aden-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
Overall purpose of the role:
Implement sustainable and robust procurement and logistics systems for the efficient and effective delivery in areas of operations following DRC's Operational Handbook and using DRC Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computer system. ‘DRC Dynamics’
This role has a area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of Supply chain strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to area operations while overseeing area supply chain activities. This will require frequent visits to DRC Field Offices.
About the job:
• Lead and manage the Supply Chain Team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
• Develop and follow on KPIs for supply chain staff across the South area operation and share the monthly update with line manager and area manager.
Fleet & Transport (Motorized Assets) Management
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook across all field offices.
- Oversee the vehicle fleet weekly and monthly plan using DRC tools and ensure their actual implementation.
- Check that the rented vehicles are in line with the approved documents and approve the monthly payments.
- Ensure DRC vehicles, generators are serviced on time and that records are properly kept in appropriate folders.
- Follow-up the fuel consumption and approve the monthly payment.
- Provide monthly comprehensive area reports on fleet, generator management (costs) usage.
- Manage fleet, generator (including fuel consumption, repair and maintenance).
- Advise on any increase/improvement of fleet, generator capacity in area.
- Provide support to field teams on transport, generator issues
- Ensure good communication and collaboration b/w Supply chain and Warehouse team and base and program team regarding transportation of material and equipment
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook and DRC Dynamics across all field offices.
- Provide monthly comprehensive area reports on Inventory/Assets.
- Implement any available tools to improve the inventory management not included in DRC Dynamics
- Provide guidance in disposal methods for unused or expired Asset with prior Donor/DRC Country Director approval.
- Perform regular controls to ensure the accuracy of monthly equipment lists consolidated by IT Officer.
• Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook and DRC Dynamics across all field offices.
• Provide monthly comprehensive report on warehouse inventory to relevant managers (list and stock value in hand).
• Provide guidance in disposal methods for unused or expired commodities with prior donor/DRC Country Director approval
deliveries and dis-patch, compound management (including premises contracts/payments, compound repair and maintenance, compound set up etc) IT equipment and internet follow up, power and water supply
- Visit each field office to assess full compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook and DRC Dynamics
- Review ITB (National and International) documentation before advertising or inviting suppliers
- Provide remote support in ITB management (TOC report, technical analysis and contract award)
- Ensure that all contract payments are processed in a timely manner
- Compile monthly reports received from field offices to provide area procurement reports to relevant managers
- Organize procurement trainings for non-logistics staff and small-scale refresher training for procurement staff.
- Plan and organize regular Supply Chain training with relevant participants (logistics, program, Human Resources and finance) to ensure agreed and uniform systems to be implemented
- Ensure implementation of CAST/audit recommendations relating to supply chain.
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Ensure proper training and application of DRC Dynamics supply chain processes in the area/base offices
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics supply chain system to improve supply chain performance
- Assist with any other reasonable task as directed by the Support Services / Area Manage
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
• Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility
• Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
• Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
• Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in humanitarian logistics management within the field of supply chain management, fleet management, asset management and distribution support
- At least 3 years' experience in management position, DRC experience is highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel, as well as experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management is desirable
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Master's degree in e.g. Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
• Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
- Excellent English language (written and spoken)
- Excellent report writing skills including editing the work of others
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract ends in 31 December 2020, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Aden.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (F2 Manager).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 29 March 2020. The interviews are expected to take place, the next week after your the closing date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo