Ended Project Finance Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Project Finance Assistant
Organizational Unit : Migration Health Unit (Global Fund)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2020/028
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 29, March 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Sana’a, Yemen and the direct supervision of the Project Manager for Global Fund MER project, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting in reviewing, verifying and following up payment requests submitted by national programmes, particularly for Aden and Southern Governorates. . In addition, when not deployed, the incumbent will support in capacity building activities to the national programme finance teams. In particular, he/she will carry out the following responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Verifies invoices and ascertains that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request in the governorates.
2. Monitors payments to vendors, contractors and consultants are affected in a timely manner.
3. Carry out and follow up on maintenance of the vendor accounts of the governorates and process down payments and their eventual payment clearance in a timely manner with the relevant documents.
4. Provide inputs for the development of permanent instructions and procedures to complement or to adapt the general instructions of IOM and Global Fund.
5. Verify integrity of all financial supporting documentation, proper filling and archive thereof to satisfy IOM and Global Fund’s regulations.
6. Draft monthly/annual cash certificates for the different governorates
7. Assist in the preparation of monthly cash certificate for the review and certification by RMO.
8. Assists with cash management, including cash flow forecasts and preparing monthly Global Funding Requests.
9. Brings to the attention of the Programme Manager and RMO any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
10. Participate in training of colleagues on Global Fund procedures and processes.
11. Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Solid track record of experience in assisting with the managing of funds from institutional donors, such as GF, DFID, ECHO and UN extensive experience of writing high quality reports
- Ability to represent Global Fund to donors and other external institutions
- Experience of building the capacity of individuals and teams for resource mobilization High level of numeracy, budgeting, financial reporting and IT skills
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations to results
- Ability to adapt to working in a challenging environment, in potentially insecure locations
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt priorities to respond to changing demands and tight deadlines.
- Organizational awareness
- Knowledge of NGO programming in emergencies
- Knowledge or experience of Global Fund’s programme work
Languages English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 16.March.2020 to 29.March.2020