Ended Junior Logistics Assistant (Fleet & Assets)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Junior Logistics Assistant (Fleet & Assets)
Organizational Unit : Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification : G 3
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2020/029
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 29, March 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement functions in accordance with IOM’s procurement regulations, rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Open a registry to systematically track the requests and its status and outcomes for the Assets as required.
2. Support the documentation requests, with proper filing and tracking mechanism as required for the office
3. Assist the Logistics & Procurement Officer to assess all drivers.
4. Ensure that all vehicles have logbooks, and that all drivers or staff are filling them every journey.
5. Compile request from different unit and prepare a weekly monthly movement plan
6. Support the unit in verifying the monthly vehicles report and preparation of the monthly vehicle payment, if any
7. Coordinates the movements and activities of the Drivers and share detail with requisitioner detail of vehicle for deconfliction purpose.
8. Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and management of vehicles and drivers as required.
9. Maintain a proper record of vehicle fuel, repair, maintenance of vehicles and submit monthly report.
10. Keep the asset register, asset cards and personal issue forms up to date with information of where each asset is/who it has been issued to.
11. Prepare tracking for each Asset activity, replenishment, incoming or outgoing as required ensuring adequate confirmation and status of the arrived goods, ensure appropriate funds are available for purchase.
12. Monitor offices supplies and other materials as required.
13. Perform any other duties as assigned by PLO
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in related field;
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience; Experience in the Humanitarian Field will be an advantage;
Languages English and Arabic
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 16.March.2020 to 29.March.2020