Ended Nutrition Assistant
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Band / Level / Grade: 9 A
Location: Rusud -Abyan
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
This position is a support position to the Nutrition staff in the Outpatient Treatment Program (OTP) of the nutrition program, as part of a larger primary health care intervention that includes maternal and child health and environmental health. The IYCF consulter supports IRC’s nutrition team in the running of all aspects of the CMAM program.
The main role of the nutrition assistant is to support the nurse in tasks related to:
- Screening and registration of patients
- Coordinating nutrition sessions to children below 5 years for SAM&MAM and Mother pregnant and lactating.
- Distributing therapeutic foods
- Taking the weight, height and mid-upper arm circumference of new patients
- Collection and compilation of project data information for planning and monitoring of project activities.
- Helping ensure a hygienic and organized work environment
- Give Education and consultation to the caregiver about infant young children feeding (IYCF).
- Any other duty related to the Nutrition program as the need arises
- Diploma in Nursing, Nutrition or Medical Assistant , Midwife with experience in Nutrition programs
- Ability to work in insecure environment and under pressure
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for nutrition, public health and community development work
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: March 30, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.