Ended Warehouse Keeper (9)
Job Title: Warehouse Keeper
No of position: 9 Positions
Deadline: March 29, 2020
Contract Type: Special Service Contract
Duration: 3 Months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Dhamar – Hajjah - Taiz
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Logistic Officer
Duties and responsibilities:
- Track/monitor movement of nutrition supplies being transported to the warehouse and keep both logistic and nutrition team posted.
- Receive all nutrition commodities at the warehouse by counterchecking the delivered commodities against the delivery notes, waybills, inspect the quality of the delivered supplies and send all the required reports to the line supervisor (Daily Stock Movement Report, In-kind Donations, Tally Sheet and waybills)
- Constantly check the storage conditions of the warehouse and detect any infestation and send all inspections & cleaning reports.
- Maintain accurate stock records by use of available stock cards and ensure proper filling of goods delivery notes / good receive notes and another warehouse related documents.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory (weekly) and keep both hard and soft copy records well updated
- Report any spoilage of the nutrition commodities (either in the warehouse or at health facility) on timely manner to the line supervisor and take the appropriate action on disposal of the spoilt commodities as per the required procedures.
- Work with field nutrition team and line supervisor to provide monthly stock balances both at warehouse and at all the targeted health facilities.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the warehouse especially before receiving nutrition supplies and after dispatching the supplies from the warehouse.
- Ensure regular dusting of the warehouse is done when having nutrition commodities in stacked and keep the warehouse in an organized manner always with proper stacking.
- Conduct regular visits to the targeted health facilities to ensure the supplies are well stored and records are kept up-to date and capacity building health care workers on the same.
- Regular interaction with Warehouse Security Guard to ensure safety of all nutrition commodities
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- A high school graduate with training in store maintenance and store accounting or other related fields
- Minimum of one year experience in managing nutrition supplies (receiving, documenting, dispatching)
- Experience in record keeping, managing warehouses with food and NFIs, managing inventories, processing invoices and Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) project activities
- Proficient in computer applications (MS Word, MS Excel) knowledge of warehouse software is an asset.
- Fluent in Arabic (written and spoken) and acceptable English basics.