Field Communication Manager
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières - France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
FIELD COMMUNICATION MANAGER
Location: MSFF –Sanaa. With visit of all MSFF project in Yemen (Aden, Khamer, Haydan)
Contract duration: six months (renewable)
Contract type: Full time contract
Beginning of Contract: 15th April 2020
To define, implement, coordinate and supervise Operational Communication activities related to MSF France presence and activities in Yemen.
To support the operation, notably through media / social media analysis, local Comms plans, and Crisis and Emergency Comms management.
To liaise and coordinate as relevant with the other existing MSF Comms resources in Yemen, notably intersectional ones, and to assist in the capacity building of the intersectional team.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategy Building: Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the FCM defines a Comms strategy for MSF France in Yemen, based on Comms objectives identified in Comms annual planning
- Support to the operation: The FCM identifies key issues across MSF operations, which are relevant to communications and advises on public positioning. The FCM participates in building and updating operation analysis and narrative about the Yemeni context and its humanitarian stakes.
- Emergency and Crisis Comms management: The FCM acts as a first-line responder in case of Emergency and Crisis Comms management for MSFF (in close coordination with the operation) and is the focal point for the various MSF Comms stakeholders
- Comms networking: The FCM identifies relevant key local media and/or social media players, and proactively creates opportunities for collaborations and partnerships around Comms projects.
- Content Production: He/she produces - or supervises the production of - Comms contents (leaflets, brochures, posters, radio spots, articles, photos, videos.), according to Comms strategy and budget.
- Content Diffusion: The FCM actively promotes the diffusion of Yemen Comms tools outside the
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Desirable: degree in Journalism, Communications, Humanitarian affairs, Political Sciences or related university degree.
Essential: previous working experience of at least 4 years in communications, journalism or public relations.
Essential: previous working experience in producing communications content production Experience in MSF or other NGO’s is desirable
Native Arabic and fluent English are essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter, CV and copies of qualifications.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Please in the subject of the email: “Communication Manager - Sanaa”
Deadline for application: 31th March 2020 at 5:00pm
Médecins sans Frontières France – Sanaa
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.