Ended Generalist Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Generalist Field Officer 3
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Taiz Office (temporarily based out of ICRC’s Mission in Aden),
The Field Officer 3 contributes to the design, and autonomously implements and monitors several ICRC projects in different fields of activities within the structure, in coordination with the structure’s management and relevant departments. Depending on the context, it can cover Field, Protection, Assistance, Cooperation, Communication or other activities, or other tasks related to security and the general management of the structure.
The Field Officer 3 contributes to and may at times take the lead in field trip planning and reporting procedures. In coordination with management, he/she helps represent the ICRC at the local level and builds and maintains networks with relevant stakeholders. The main area of responsibility of the position is the West Coast.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to and follows-up on various field activities in support to the field team leader
- Helps coordinate the planning, preparation, implementation, and follow up of field trips, including related follow up on official movement notifications.
- Participates to and carries out field trips independently, and may take overall responsibility of multi-disciplinary field activities;
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation with the projects and writes related reports;
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, analyses the socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC at local and/or national levels. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any change in the situation;
- Identifies the main security risks, contributes to relevant reporting and evaluation systems of security incidents, threats and trends, advises the structure's management on any security-related events that could have an impact on ICRC's activities and staff or require changes to security framework;
- Establishes, maintains and develops a network of contacts with local and national stakeholders, including military and civilian authorities, civil society, and other humanitarian organizations;
- Presents the ICRC principles, mandate and activities to interlocutors and beneficiaries at district level.
- Ensures administrative and financial follow up;
- May participate in internal and external sessions or briefings on ICRC field activities;
- May manage staff.
- Internally, interacts with ICRC colleagues in the assigned structure and in the field;
- Externally, interacts with a network of local interlocutors, such as local authorities, arms carriers, community leaders and civilian society, Non-Governmental and International Organizations, Movement partners, etc.
- High school or University degree or relevant professional experience;
- Computer literacy; Valid manual driving license.
Professional Experience Required
- Typically, 10+ years, confirmed relevant internal / external experience contributing to projects and programs in similar fields.
- Former work with a humanitarian organization or NGO/INGO is an asset. Work experience within the ICRC is a strong asset.
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure.
- Strong knowledge of local context and conflict dynamics in Taiz and Hodeidah governorates.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of written and oral English and advanced reporting skills (written reports).
- Service oriented with a strong sense for setting of priorities and flexibility.
- Capacity of treating information confidentially.
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications (by email to Tai_Taiz@icrc.org indicating in the subject line: Generalist Field Officer 3
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 26.03.2020