Ended Logistics Coordinator
Position: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Sana’a (with frequent visits to RI Area Offices in Yemen)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Duration: Till 31 December 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance.
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Country Logistics Coordinator steers a mission’s logistical activities in order to ensure that RI-Yemen programs run smoothly.
He/she implements RI procedures and logistical tools, and ensures that they are properly used and adhered to.
He/she manages the Procurement department in order to ensure the smooth running of RI and to facilitate the procurement treatment time for the Yemen CO activities.
He/she is responsible that the RI and donors procedures are respected.
He/she supports, monitors, and strengthens CO and Area’s Procurement team members
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with RI warehousing/storage procedures and forms are implemented
- Ensure that a clear Warehousing Strategy is documented and regularly update according to context evolution and share it on a regular basis with relevant stakeholders at CO level
- Ensure proper storage and warehousing of assets and program stocks, including proper receiving and issuing of stocks, maintenance and updated bin /stock cards.
- Ensure proper record keeping and safety of all items received in the warehouse (goods received notes, receipts, waybills, stock requests and all other documents) both electronically and manually as may be required for audit trail.
- Consolidate and report on timely basis any missing, damaged or items whose expiry date is near for appropriate action.
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication project sites for the delivery of all goods.
- Insure that monthly physical inventories are carried out and reconciled with physical inventories
- Make reallocation/transfer suggestions for remaining materials once a program is completed
- Ensure all warehouses facilities are adapted, maintained up and compliant in terms of conditions and capacity taking into consideration the types of goods stored and project’s needs.
Vehicle fleet and transport management
- Scale the vehicle fleet according to activities, ensuring homogeneity within the fleet
- Ensure the sharing of the vehicle resources at Area’s level
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair tasks on vehicles
- Define the contents of a vehicle’s tool kit and ensure compliance by all offices
- Consolidate and analyze monthly Vehicle assessment and fuel consumption
- Implement a supply strategy for fuel
- Supervise the administrative management of vehicle documents (log books, contracts, insurance, etc.)
- Establish country goods transportation strategy (National and International if required) and update it as per context evolution and project’s needs.
- Participate to Transport-Carriers tenders selection and FWA establishment
- Ensure Country Logistic team is leading in coordination with Procurement Coordinator goods deliveries with appropriate documentation
Assets and infrastructures management
- Ensure the management of equipment and assets for their optimal use and care;
- Consolidate equipment monthly statement and submit it on monthly basis to Country Operations manager
- Supervise the follow-up of the equipment status and documentation (use, working condition, warranty, costs etc.);
- Implement a strategy for replenishing corresponding park
- Ensure a logistics code is assigned to all equipment entering the Asset register
- Consolidate and update the condition of the CO park in real time
- Scale the equipment park according to activity, ensure that the pool remains homogenous and that RI’s standards are respected
- Ensure that mission resources are properly shared
- Supervise the organization and follow-up of preventive maintenances and repairs;
- Supervise the organization and follow-up of stocks and potential warehouses;
- Supervise the follow-up the infrastructures such as office and guest houses and warehouses (for security, cleanliness, water, energy, payments, licencing, etc.).
Human resource management
- Scale the Yemen logistics department set up according to the programs
- Implement a logistics country strategy and set team targets
- Brief the logistics team members on arrival and support them in accomplishing their objectives throughout their mission
- Provide support, training, control and mentoring to all offices and areas logistics team members in coordination with the Operations manager and Area respective managers
- Appraise personnel under direct supervision and participate in performance reviews for mission logistics officers
- Organize regular formal meetings with team members
Reporting / capitalization
- Consolidate, process and analyze monthly logistics reports of the areas and carry out logistics reporting to Operation Manager
- Be an active participant in drafting proposals and donor financial reports on behalf of the logistics sections
- Centralize information’s on transport companies, distances, prices and methods
- Ensure that price and supplier lists are compiled, along with documentation requirements in effect (import – export, exemptions, taxes)
- Supervise the archiving of logistics documents
Support & Capacity Building
- Coordinate and plan for professional development for all logistic team members
- Determine training needs for logistics team member across Yemen Country and Areas, and for local partners when applicable
- Make frequent projects site and RI Offices visits to support field teams
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in Supply Chain Management or a comparable discipline.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in administrative or operational support functions with an international humanitarian organization.
- Experience in emergency response.
- Solid knowledge of practical warehousing and stock management procedures and experience maintaining supply and delivery pipelines.
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight March 31, 2020.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.