Ended MEAL officer
Position: MEAL officer
Reports to: Senior MEAL Officer
Duration: Twelve Months. Till December 31, 2020 renewable based on fund availability and performance.
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them with the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop projects Indicator trackers and MEAL plans in cooperation with project managers;
- Ensure regular follow-up and progress reporting on project indicator trackers and MEAL plans to the Senior MEAL officer;
- Participate in RI’s assessment, baseline, end-line, KAP studies as instructed by the Senior M&E Officer;
- Design surveys, studies and researches, including the design of data collection tools and methodological approaches (questionnaires, etc.);
- Participate in developing MEAL department annual plans;
- Develop and maintain databases when required;
- Mainstream accountability mechanism in program activities, and support the effective implementation of feedback and complaints response mechanisms;
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer in conducting and documenting project lesson learnt exercises and reports;
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer in project baseline, end line, PDMs, Pre and Post KAP surveys;
- Ensure proper data collection, entry and analysis of projects;
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of projects activities;
- Lead Pre- and post-distribution monitoring for projects if any;
- Maintain a proper electronic and hard archiving system of all related MEAL documents with the assistance of the MEAL assistant;
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications, improvement or information resources;
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of activities implemented and data collected and suggest ways for improvement;
- Collect, consolidate, review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of performance and reporting;
- Supervise feedback and complaints mechanism log, analysis and verification process, reporting and follow up cases until they are closed;
- Review the monthly report on feedback and complaint mechanism of related RI projects;
- Assist in verification of data and complaints and provide advice;
- Provide a monthly performance report of the progress of projects to the Senior M&E Officer;
- Coordinate with all stockholders to ensure smooth implementation of assessment and field visits.
- Provides data analysis support for institutional reporting, rapid response to emergency needs, planning for humanitarian responses, resource development, and related requests for information.
- Carry out performance of the technical tasks and providing technical support with particular emphasis on collection, interpretation, reporting, aggregation, and evaluation of data; writes and maintains custom programs to support internal and extern developing assessment strategy by identifying information gaps and response.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required by the Senior MEAL Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Social Work/Social Sciences or equivalent relevant field;
- Very good command of English language (Speaking and writing skills);
- Ability to use MS. Office, MS. Excel and Power Point in particular;
- Ability to produce informative reports;
- At least 3 years of MEAL or relevant experience;
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities
- Experience in MEAL activities, accountability-related tasks in particular is highly preferred; and
- Background in health and nutrition programs is preferred;
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight
March 31, 2020.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.