Ended Data Entry Assistant
JOB TITLE: Data Entry Assistant
LOCATION: Al Dhale’e
REPORTING TO: Health and Nutrition Officer, technical reporting to the MEAL Officer
The Data Entry Assistant is responsible for entering clinic data into the Medair databases and preparing reports for internal and external submissions. He/She will directly implement and ensure that the data collections at health facilities are correct and timely completed to ensure quality data collections.
In Yemen, Medair is working in the sectors of health, nutrition and WASH. Medair supports primary health care facilities and is implementing WASH activities at the community level for both static and emergency programmes. This position will support health and nutrition projects with a focus on Al Dhale’e governorate.
MEAL Officer, Project Managers, Health and Nutrition Advisor, Project Officers, Project Assistants, Community volunteers, Medair Project Support team, GRIT team
Health facility staff, Beneficiaries and Local authorities/DHO
- Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence
- Respect the Medair values at all times, both within and outside of working hours
- Know, understand, and comply with Medair internal policies and procedures
- Follow the Medair Security Plan and other relates policies and SOPs
- Adhere to Medair Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) handbook and regulations
- Be prepared to work in Aden and other Governorates of Yemen
- Day to day entry of activities, statistics and data received from health facilities. Reports from health facilities include: CMAM, IMCI, OPD, EPI, ANC/PNC, deliveries, community health reports and others.
- Review, verify data and make corrections where necessary
- Conduct regular health facility visits to improve the data collection at the health facilities
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for external and internal stakeholders
- After approval of the reports by the project team, circulate respective reports in a timely manner to clusters, MoPHP or other stakeholders
- Fill project data into DHIS and other required online databases on a regular basis
- Maintain (Kobo, ODK) data collection tools and manage databases
- Collect pharma consumption data from each health facility and enter it into the database
- Respond to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to project staff
- Archive files and organize them properly, ensure files are documented according to standards
- Ensure, promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all information registered
- Any other reasonable duties related to the above areas
- Bachelor degree in computer science or in relevant field
- Degree in Information and Technology (IT)
- At least 2 years of experience in working with National/ International NGOs.
- Competence in writing reports in English and Arabic
- Experience in health and WASH sector Reporting and managing data from health facility registers.
- Excellent in Arabic, good command of English (written and spoken)
- Experience using KOBO and ODK, ONA and DHIS
- Competent in using Microsoft Office programmes
- Excel and data base expert
- Experience in using QlikView
Enjoys a challenge and works hard to achieve objectives
Able to solve problems independently Self-motivated and enthusiastic
Desire to learn new skills
Desire to work for Medair in the long term
Team player with good interpersonal skills
Ability to resolve team conflict and issues, and encourage others
Wanting to contribute to a positive team culture Keen attitude for capacity building of staff
Experience of working in a diverse team with different cultures and backgrounds
Capacity and willingness to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
Able to work effectively in a wide variety of situations
Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner
Able to adapt communication strategies for different situations
Past experience of filling in for other tasks outside of job description
Experience with using tools like ODK / Kobo and DHIS
Analysing data and report writing skills Knowledge on medical data bases
Past experience of supporting health facilities in an NGO setting
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
Able to prioritise, time manage and follow-up
Clear communicator; skilled in oral and written communication
Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
Experience in start-up of a department
Position will be based in the Medair Al Dhale’e Office, with field trips outside the city, within Aden and other Governorates.
Regular working hours will be 08:00 to 16:30 with 30 minutes for lunch, but may require flexibility as the work dictates.
SALARY: According to Medair standard salary scale.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract
PLANNED START DATE: 1 April 2020
TRAINING: As required
DURATION OF COMMITMENT: 5 months, with possibility of extension
If you believe that you have the qualifications and skills, please send a one page cover letter and a CV in English as well as relevant diploma and other certificates by email to aden- email@example.com no later than 31 March 2020.
The subject of the email should be heading: Data Entry Assistant and your full name
Only applications respecting these criteria will be considered. Do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements or you will not be considered.
This position is open for men and women, including persons living with disabilities. We reserve the right to close the recruitment before the date indicated.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted via mail.