Ended IT Officer
Position: IT Officer
Organizational Unit: IT Department
Duty Station: Sana’a, Yemen
Type of Appointment: Open-ended Contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Thursday 26, March 2020
NMF was founded in October 2003. It is the first and largest microfinance foundation in Yemen. We are passionate about sustainability, growth, and economic empowerment.
NMF provides financial and non-financial services to a wide range of people in different sectors, such as Agriculture, Livestock, Commercial businesses, etc. through our 20 branches all over Yemen.
NMF is looking to recruit an IT Officer who will be responsible for providing overall database support with concentration in back-end programming. The IT Officer will be responsible to properly maintain source code and necessary technical documentation, and assist the DBA in overall database maintenance.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, design, test, and implement complex database programs using Oracle and third party tools.
- Hands on development using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Performance tune SQL, application programs, and instances.
- Implement structured policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and security of the database.
- Perform daily and periodic backups.
- Evaluation of new and upcoming technologies.
- Providing technical assistance, problem resolution, and troubleshooting support.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or any related field.
- Certification or specific training in Oracle Database is highly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in database development and IT operations.
- Strong experience with Oracle functions, procedures, triggers, packages & performance tuning
- Experience with Oracle Database 11g, 12c, 19c.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven knowledge with SQL and PL/SQL
- Excellent spoken and written English language.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good organization skills.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted
Female candidates with the matching experience and qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Thursday 26, March 2020