Health Project Manager
Job Title: Health Project Manager
Reporting to: Programmes Manager
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall emergency Health, Nutrition, project. He/she will be responsible for providing technical leadership, budget management, and the day-to-day management of the projects, including recruitment and reporting. The Project Manager will be based in Taiz with frequent travels to other targeted governorates and main Office at Sana’a when security situation allows. The project manager will be responsible for liaison and coordination with the appropriate government authorities, donor and other agencies of interest. The project manager will be supervised by the programmes manager and will work closely with country director and other operation team.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the overall delivery of the emergency minimum services package (full package of health and nutrition) interventions in the targeted areas.
- Provide leadership in planning, project start-up, project implementation, and development of quality control systems.
- Develop project implementation plans, recruitment plans, procurement plan, reporting mechanisms and training plan using the project-monitoring tool.
- In coordination with field teams, determine the operational needs of the emergency health and nutrition interventions.
- In coordination with project field team determine the training needs of staff and organize remotely
- Exercise overall responsibility for financial management of the project, track budget and ensure that all activities and expenditure are conducted within budget allocations and manages program activities according to the scope of the grant and budget.
- In coordination with security staff and advisors, ensure day-to-day compliance with the security plan and procedures, and lead on the monitoring and assessment of risks to staff, partners and other stakeholders and travel to the field when the security situation allows.
- Works with the M&E Coordinator to implement monitoring and evaluation plans for the project, and facilitate monitoring and review of the project with staff and consortium partners to assess outcomes and capture lessons learned.
- Works with the M&E Coordinator to implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level.
- Work with media and communication Officer for archive all activities by media and to make Success Stories .
- Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- Contribute to production of proposals for new projects.
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets.
- Regularly update country office on progression of programs as per protocol.
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for program design and management
- Ensure that all program activities and trainings are both in line with global standards and ministry and local government requirements.
- Conduct and provide technical support on nutrition and health assessments.
- Work closely with M&E to ensure activities are contributing towards program targets
- Attend cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors.
- Human Resources Management
- In cooperation with HR Coordinator, hire and supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations.
- Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the PM, CD, HR and Finance team.
- Supervise the day-to-day health staff to ensure smooth and effective operations.
- Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
Training/ Capacity Building
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff
- Train national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Conducts staff evaluations, advocates, and plans for professional development for all subordinate staff.
- Maintains frequent communication with Programmes Coordinator and Programmes Manager to ensure that program activities and objectives are communicated.
- Works with operation staff to ensure the coordination of programs supplies are within budgeted targets.
- Attends coordination meetings, which are relevant to country activities.
- Interfaces with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- BA degree (Master preferred) of medical background with qualification in Public Health, Nutrition, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience working as MSP or H&N project manager, and experienced with INGOs and preferably with Human Appeal.
- Previous experience working on supervisory roles.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into nutrition issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 01 / April / 2020