Ended Data Entry
Job Title: Data Entry
Reporting to: Project Manager
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The Data entry is responsible for project data collection and data entries, support Project manager and M&E team in supervising the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities this project across health and nutrition sectors.
She/he will assist the programme and M&E teams setting up systems and mechanisms for monitoring the projects’ indicators, deliverables and regularly gathering stakeholders’ feedback. The data entry will support Project Manager in project documentation, reflection and reporting processes to ensure that identified gaps are addressed and contribute to project improvement. During the course of this role, it is expected the candidate to have:
- Contribute in establish and design M&E system across all project’s including feedback mechanism
- Contribute in coordination of all M&E activities (through data collection and reporting) across HA Health project.
- Contribute in developed Performance Monitoring Plans and MEAL systems
- Contribute in designed a rigorous internal programme data quality assurance system
- ensured and/or improved the standardization of data collection
- Contribute in developed tools for need assessment, monitoring, evaluation and collection of success stories
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute in designing and implementing an internal data quality assurance system.
- Ensure data is collected and analyzed regularly (with associated reporting) to respond to agreed indicators in a standardized manner
- Enter data for the project while ensuring the accuracy of information and sharing with M&E and project team.
- Checking the data after it is entered, validated, usable in cases or associated functions, and inform the M&E and project team of any problems that may affect the quality of the data in terms of accuracy, completeness, relevance, inconsistency, punctuality and timeliness
- Ensure data storage, preserved from loss and ensure the data recover if loss
- Establish project data archives system in documents files to be easily classified
- Qualify and improve the standardization of the data collected. Ensure cross-cutting themes such as gender equality, inclusion, protection etc. are embedded within the design of data collection tools.
- Contribute in developing the necessary tools for need assessments, data collection and monitoring and evaluation of data.
- Be part of carrying out the rapid needs’ assessments on key projects during the project lifecycle to investigate further opportunities for interventions.
- Provide support in collecting data through comprehensive and multi-sectorial needs assessments for the development of new project proposals.
- Collating learning and valuable lessons learnt to be fed in new project development.
- Conducting impact assessments for high-priority programmes.
Reporting and Communications,
- Assist in all media and communication activities in the field.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the progress of the project team
- Ensure reports are submitted to all HA , clusters and other donors at national level as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Coordinate and consolidate internal reports to HA and ensure timely submission
- Contribute to baseline surveys, quarterly and annual reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, presentations, etc. for the donor as well as other audiences.
- Collaborate with M&E and program team to analyze monitoring/evaluation findings and associated reporting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Programmes team in collecting success stories and lessons learned and in developing case studies and Msc (Most significant change) for experience sharing internally, with donors and for publication.
- Identify and document interventions and initiatives that can be replicated or scaled up.
- Responsible for collating, documenting and disseminating lessons learnt to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the project mission to develop a strong project MEAL system in the Health, Nutrition sectors and provide support to other sectors in the Human Appeal mission whenever possible.
- Continuously build capacity of Health facility staff in data collection and use through training, advice and support.
- Regularly document lessons learned and share best practices in data collection, monitoring and evaluation with project staff.
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- Bachelor degree or diploma in IT or any related field
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in M&E and Data management and preferably with Human Appeal.
- Demonstrated familiarity with health and nutrition M&E and data management principles, standards, procedures, and terminology.
- Ability to gather information in an objective, appropriate and sensitive way by carefully observing, by actively listening, by paying full attention to the situation and the information of the various sources, and understand the points being made;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to manage other team members e.g. M&E project staff, volunteers etc.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to work in the field and remotely (travel expected to project sites as well as field office coordination).
- Familiarity with Minimum standards for child protection in humanitarian action, Sphere and INEE standards, etc.
- English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming
- Please send your English CV to email@example.com
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 01 / April / 2020