Ended IT Operations Assistant
Contract type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 11 months
Duty Station: Mocha - Yemen
Application deadline: 31 March 2020 @11:59 p.m. (Yemen time)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
6. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
9. Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
12. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
13. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience;
- Completion of secondary school education;
- Fluency in English (level C written and spoken);
- Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken), and
- Either a Yemeni citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Yemeni work/residence permit.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
4. By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link associated to the VA you want to apply to
Link For Non-WFP candidates: IT Operations Assistant - External
Link for WFP Staff: IT Operations Assistant - Internal
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)