Ended Logistics Assistant - Roving (Food Basket)
Job Title: Logistics ASSISTANT – Roving (Food Basket)
Country and Base of posting: Yemen – Roving in Raymah Governorate
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
Announcing Date: 18th Mar, 2020
Closing Date: 29th Mar, 2020
Contract duration: 5 months
The Logistics Assistant Roving will be responsible for the Tracking, Delivery, Storage, Issue and dispatch of Food Baskets to various Final Distribution Points around the project area. S/He will ensure there is proper update and tracking of received amounts of Food baskets, report weekly on the distributed and balances in stock as may be required by the Line Manager. S/He will ensure that the set quality parameters are adhered to during reception, storage and distribution and that damaged and expired commodities are reported and isolated as may be instructed by the line manager. The Logistics Assistant Roving will directly report to the Activity Manager and functionally to the Logistics Officer in planning for, receiving and distributing Food Baskets in assigned Project areas in Raymah, Yemen Mission Programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Human Resources: S/he will ensure effective supervision of drivers and Daily workers engaged in the Food basket Activities.
Logistics: S/He will support the Supply Chain Officer in proper Management and Follow up on Food basket Dristibution Activities.
Fleet and Transportation: S/He will directly manage all vehicles assigned to Fodo Basket Distribution Activities and manage staff and FB movements.
Reporting and Information Sharing: The Logistics Assistant Roving in charge of Food Baskets will prepare and share weekly and monthly reports with the Activity manager and the Supply Chain Officer.
Specific Goals and Related Activities
- S/he will directly supervise drivers and Loaders potential daily workers involved in the reception, storage, dispatch of the Food Baskets.
- S/he will ensure Daily Worker and Payments for the Daily Workers is properly documented and reported in a timely manner.
- S/he may participate in the hiring of the Daily Workers with support from the Activity Manager and Supply Chain Officer
- S/he will ensure all those involved adhere to the PU-AMI Internal Rules and Procedures governing the Food Basket including the Standard Operating Procedures, processes, Fleet and Transport are known and respected.
LOGISTICS & Warehousing
- S/He will work with the Supply Chain Officer to receive Food Baskets and ensure that Goods Received Notes, Delivery Notes, Waybills and other records are kept and reported accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with PU-AMI rules and procedures.
- S/He will ensure proper Stock Control through physical Food Basket counts, random weight checks, rejection and Reporting. In case of damage, S/He will follow up with supplier for replacement of the affected quantities, reconstitution of the Food basket, delivery and reconditioning of underweight bags
- S/He will work with the Activity Manager and other Stakeholders to distribute the Food Baskets, while matching them with Distribution Plan Quantities, and assist in the distribution to the beneficiaries while keeping records at each stage
- S/He will ensure good warehousing practices; maintain clean and pest-free storage conditions at all times, manage the offloading and stacking of the commodities, keep updated records on stack cards. according to PU-AMI rules and procedures.
- S/He will ensure periodic physical inventory checks for all Food Baskets and distribution related Material stocks and keep records of the same at all times.
- S/He will identify any faults in facilities used for storage, distribution and holding of the Food Basket and report to the Supply Chain officer for maintenance.
- S/He will prepare and share weekly, monthly stock records on received, dispatched and distributed amounts and other related reports as may be requested from time to time.
- S/He will perform any other relayed duties as may be requested.
- S/He will receive Cash advances for the purpose of handling the Food Baskets, carrying out Distribution, Offloading and dispatch of the Food Basket.
- S/He will ensure signatures and are obtained for the paid amounts, collect and keep all required documents, vouchers, beneficiaries Fingers stamps, and Payment allowance to beneficiaries and clear the advance on time with all relevant and required documentation.
- S/He will ensure all processes are done according to PU-AMI rules and procedures.
FLEET AND TRANSPORTATION
- S/He will work with the Logistics Officer on any Fleet needs for the purpose of Food Basket Distribution activities.
- S/He will work with the Nutrition department staff to ensure there is proper planning of movements in and around the assigned Distribution Points or Project Area
- S/He will follows-up on PU-AMI and rental vehicles assigned to Food Basket Activities, communicate in advance to the Logistics Officer on any (replacement vehicles, breakdowns, change of drivers, need for maintenance and repair).
- S/He will work with the Logistics Officer to follow up on the Food Basket movements between Sanaa and Raymah and to the Final Distribution Points.
- Organize and oversee loading and unloading of the Food Baskets.
REPORTING AND DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION
- S/He will be the focal point for All Food Basket Activities in the Grant.
- S/He will prepare and share Monthly Movement Requests and with the programme counterparts in ensuring proper follow up
- S/He will properly archive all Food Basket documentation, in accordance with PU-AMI procedures and donors’ guidelines.
- S/He will prepare accurate weekly and monthly Logistics Reports to be shared with the Activity Manager and Supply Chain Officer as and when required
- S/He will support the HF team in the collection of the medical and other reports from the field;
- S/He will work closely with PUI medical officer and C4D supervisor as well as GHO nutrition nurses, midwives and other staff on daily basis activities;
- S/He will work closely with HF Rehab Officer to support the WASH inside HF activities;
Focus on 3 priority activities relating to the context of the mission
- Work with the Supply Chain Officer and the Activity manager in developing a Food basket Follow Up tool (Excel).
- Work with the Programme Teams at HFs in the identification, Registration and mapping of the Food Basket Distribution Points at the HF level.
- Establish clear Food basket Procedures as per the SoPs and share with the Activity Manager and Supply Chain Officer.
Number of people to manage and their position (local staff)
- Direct Line Manager: Supply Chain Officer
- Functional Line Manager: HF Medical Officer, HF Activity Manager
- Direct management: 1 Driver, A Number of Daily Workers
- In-Direct management: None
Required knowledge and skills
Education / Training
Knowledge and skills
Required Personal Characteristics
- Team spirit, flexible and positive attitude
- Independence, ability to take the initiative and strong sense of responsibility
- Good stress management skills, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Good analysis and discernment capacities
- Organization and priority management
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Sense of involvement
- Trustworthiness, honesty transparency
- Commitment to humanitarian principles
- Motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Good communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their Applications (Application Letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document) in English to the Email: email@example.com no later than 29th March, 2020. Please insert the Subject of the Email as: “Application for Logistics Assistant- Roving Food basket”.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret that we will only be able to contact those who meet our minimum qualifications and skills.