Ended Protection Officer - Women Economic Empowerment
CARE International is currently seeking an Area Protection Officer - Women Economic Empowerment. She/ He will lead the implementation of all CARE Protection intervention in close collaboration with the Gender Specialist and local partner organizations and in coordination with consortium partners and other stakeholders.
Protection Officer - Women Economic Empowerment
The protection Officer leads on the implementation of all CARE Protection interventions in close collaboration with the Gender Specialist and local partner organizations and in coordination with consortium partners and other stakeholder.
- Responsible for the implementation of all Protection activities in respective Governorate
- Plan and implement Protection interventions in line with the project proposal and contract in a phased and prioritized manner
- Establish appropriate supervisory and monitoring systems for Protection interventions in CARE and with project partners in consultation with Gender Specialist
- Monitor implementation of Protection interventions by CARE and project partners and ensure progress as per defined schedules / work plans
- Support the design of an evaluation framework on Protection activities
- Monitor and ensure quality of Protection interventions as well as the application of relevant standards during all phases of the project cycle, including by project partners
- Organize with the Administration and Logistics Team materials and support needed for all activities
- Report on all project activities and related developments using agreed formats and within given timeframes
- Under supervision of deputy area manager responsible for management of Protection budget in cooperation with local partners.
- Ensure adherence to approved budgets and monitor activity vs. expenditure ensuring appropriate burn rates, in cooperation with local partners.
- Initiate financial request in accordance with approved budgets in cooperation with local partners.
- Ensure abidance by CARE and donor financial and procurement procedures with maximum cost effectiveness
- Conduct training on Protection and related issues to staff and project partners as required.
- Contribute to building the capacity of local partner organizations and their staff on Protection related issues.
- Conduct all activities with full consultation and coordination with Gender Specialist and other CARE staff and local partner organizations
- Conduct all activities in close coordination with consortium members and other agencies both governmental and non-governmental
- Represent CARE at coordination meetings on Protection in respective Governorate
- Act as cover for deputy area manager during her/his absence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum undergraduate degree in law, psychology or social studies.
- At least 2 years’ experience in project management
- Proven experience in protection, ideally in protection of and legal/psycho-social assistance to victims.
- Experience in conducting training and workshops
- Experience in managing local partnerships and organizational capacity building
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication ,negotiation and problem solving capacities
- Advanced English language skills are required
- Understanding local culture and sensitivity towards issues related to protection.
- Fluency in Arabic and at least good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Strong computer literacy
- Commitment to CARE policies, mission and values
- Ability to manage stress, multi-task and take decisions
- Willingness and ability to travel within Yemen and abroad
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by March 26th, 2020 to YEMVacancyAden@care.org with the subject heading ‘Protection Officer. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.