Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Abs District Hajja
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01-04-2020
Duration: 5 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Logistic Officer
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Receive and send all hygiene & NFI materials.
- Report on the quality and quantity of materials received and ensure that the quantities issued are identical to the documents and are consistent with the quantities received by the warehouse officer.
- Place the "Received" stamp and sign the invoices after the delivery has been verified.
- Keep storage conditions clean and pest-free.
- Ensure the quality of the storage environment and applicable practices.
- Ensure all stored materials are stored inside the warehouse.
- Monitor the temperature of the warehouse to avoid spoilage of any substances.
- Supervise the unloading and sorting of items according to priority and inform the warehouse officer and the head of the logistics support section.
- Ensure that all cards, records, follow-up records and archives are updated after every receipt or issue.
- Signature of the received and distributed cargo voucher.
- Periodic physical inspection of the inventory and any damaged or missing material is reported.
- Ensure the availability of health and safety requirements, especially fire extinguishers, in warehouses.
- Prepare the monthly report and submit it to its direct supervisor.
- Perform any other tasks determined by the direct supervisor.
- Desirable secondary education and warehouse management related studies
- Work experience of at least two years with non-governmental organizations in inventory management
Experience and Skills:
- Good experience in managing warehouses with NFIs.
- Good experience in managing inventories.
- Good experience in processing invoices.
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the Application in the following URL
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 26/03/2020, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as App will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.