Job Title: Cashier
Location: Abs District - Hajja
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01-04-2020
Duration: 5 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Finance officer/Finance Manager
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Receive cash payment applications, make sure that the application form is complete, follow up receipt of the vouchers and make sure that the voucher is original and used once.
- Submit payment requests to the Project Manager responsible for budget approval.
- Inventory cash in the box at the beginning and end of every business day to confirm the correctness of the amounts.
- The finance Manager shall receipt the Fund's movement book weekly for review and approval.
- Receives funds and checks and matches them according to the approved system.
- Prepare voucher for receive shall be considered for every amount received in accordance with the approved system.
- Ensure the timely replacement of petty cash.
- The movement of the Fund shall be recorded from the receipt and payment of its own records in accordance with the approved system.
- Place a "stamp" paid and sign all documents after completing the payment process.
- The weekly, monthly, periodic and non- periodic reports relating to his / her functions shall be submitted to his / her direct supervisor.
- Arrange the financial document file sequentially by day.
- Keep documents, records, files and reports of his work and work to update and maintain them continuously.
- Preparing the weekly and monthly report and delivering it to its direct supervisor.
- Monthly count of the Fund and follow-up of project funds and branches.
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant subject
Experience and Skills:
- 1 to 2 years of work experience within NGOs & INGOs financial management.
- Good skills of using financial and accounting systems (Yemen Soft, others).
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Excellent representation, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts
- Good skills with basic software, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected and challenging problems
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job, please fill the Application in the following URL :
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 26/03/2020 you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line".
Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as App will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.