Ended Logistic Officer
Job Title Logistic Officer
Location: Abs District - Hajja
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01-04-2020
Duration: 5 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Project Manager /Procurement & Logistics Manager
b) Subordinates: Storekeepers/Drivers and Daily Workers.
The Logistics Officer will prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for the supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. The Logistics Officer will be based in Abs-Hajja with frequent travels to (Khayran almuharraq district) He/she will ensure that the programmatic needs of the Projects are addressed and met in an efficient, timely, transparent, accountable and cost-effective manner. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring projects compliance with donor procurement rules and regulations.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and ADO’s standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- Responsible for all logistic tasks related to ADO projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of materials.
- prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests of offers for the supply of goods and services to meet ADO project’s objectives.
- Organize the planning of the purchases and define the priorities of the items needed by the applicants
- Ensure that the purchases meet the needs, cost, quality & delivery time requirements, having in mind quality and sustainability of the purchased items;
- Ensure a regular and smooth communication with the Administrative department to prepare the supplier payments, documents hand-over and expenses follow-up
- Initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure regular follow up of all contracts and their renewal / extension signed on time
- The Logistic Officer must know about materials specification and quality related to WASH/ Health Intervention.
- Prepare Purchase Requests (PR), Good Receipt Notes (GRN), and any other logistic forms.
- Liaise with ADO main office on all items that are not locally available.
- Ensure assets register and inventory for ADO field office are up-to-date in all times.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet management including the distribution and transportation of equipment’s and WASH materials as needed.
- Prepare daily records of logistics, fleet management activities.
- Supervise the general follow up of vehicles (consumption checks, movement planning, movement tracking, vehicle running logs, booking etc.)
- Ensure all vehicles meet ADO requirements for safety,
- Ensure regular maintenance of different vehicles together is done, setup appropriate maintenance contract with supplier or ensure an appropriate repair process and services follow-ups with car rental company(s);
- Transport contract negotiation with suppliers and follow up, as well as fuel supply contract with fuel stations
- Ensure that project warehouse is managed according to ADO warehouse management guidelines and records are well maintained.
- Ensuring that all items issued from the store, purchased or received for onward transportation are appropriately documented and accompanied by the required waybills;
- To carry out close inspection of Project items/materials delivered to the stores, to ensure that they are the right quantity and quality;
- Ensure that all items in the warehouse are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods are properly issued.
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement project activities.
- Advanced University degree in Logistics, Business Management or other related field.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience from working as a Logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the application in the following URL
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 26/03/2020 you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line".
Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as Application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.