Ended MEAL Assistant
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Location: Abs District - Hajja
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01-04-2020
Duration: 5 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: M&E officer.
The MEAL Assistant is responsible for ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL day to day activities. S/he will be providing technical support in all field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and learning activities. The MEAL Assistant will be based in Abs-Hajja with frequent travels to (Khayran almuharraq district)
Core Functions & Responsibilities
The “MEAL Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assist in establishing the feedback and complaint mechanism for the project.
- Participate in designing and planning the monitoring and evaluation system with close coordination with the project team.
- Collect, manage and analyze monitoring data to produce reliable information to help project team to make good decisions.
- Track progress of project activities.
- Design the required MEAL tools for the project including the Indicators Tracking Tools, Templates, Checklists, and other tools as required.
- Support the project team in the weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, interim, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of the assessment, and monitoring, and evaluation surveys.
- Participate in conducting Data Quality Assessments to ensure good quality of data.
- Undertake regular monitoring field visits for project activities to ensure all activities are carried out as planned and gather feedback from the community to identify where adaptions might be needed.
- Promote accountability to beneficiaries by conducting accountability assessments and supporting program staff to develop information sharing materials and beneficiary feedback mechanisms.
- Document the process of implementation and project success.
- Ensure that lessons learned and good practice from reviews and evaluations are recorded, communicated to the team and taken into account in implementation.
- Organize and conduct results-oriented monitoring and evaluation trainings including quantitative and qualitative data collection methods for M&E and project staff.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field with at least (2) years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Accountability (MEAL) related task including Baseline surveys, DDM and PDM.
Experience and Skills:
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the application in the following URL
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 26/03/2020 you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as Application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.