Ended WASH Project Manager
Job Title: WASH Project Manager
Location: Abs district, Hajjah
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01-04-2020
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Program Manager
b) Subordinates: All project Team
The project Manager will be responsible for all emergency WASH activities. He/she will be responsible for providing technical leadership, M&E management, budget management, and the day-to-day management of the projects, including recruitment and reporting. The Project Manager will be based in Abs-Hajja with frequent travels to (Khayran almuharraq district). The project manager will be responsible for liaison and coordination with the appropriate government authorities, donor and other agencies of interest. The project manager will be supervised by executive manager and will work closely with Admin & Finance manager and other operation team.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversees implementation, ensuring that the objectives are met through proper planning, adequate staffing, efficient implementation and quality assurance.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting and evaluation and communication systems.
- Manages project budget within approved spending levels and ensures accurate and timely financial reports both internally and to donors.
- Management of emergency WASH interventions in the intervention area.( Abs & Khayran almuharraq districts)
- Collect and compile project data regularly and submit it to the Management, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Develop work plans, recruitment plans, reporting mechanisms and training plan using the project-monitoring tool.
- Submits timely and accurate project progress reports in accordance with internal, sectoral and donor requirements.
- Manage and work with M&E department to implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level.
- Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure project supplies within project budgets.
- Regularly update executive manager at Sana'a office on progression of project as per protocol.
- Travel to the field.
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for project design and management.
- Ensure that all project activities and trainings are both in line with global standards and ministry and local government requirements.
- Conduct and provide technical support on WASH assessments
- Actively represent ADO by attending cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project activities.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
Human Resources Management
- In cooperation with HR Manager, hire and supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations.
- Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the HR and Finance.
- Supervise the day-to-day WASH staff to ensure smooth and effective operations.
- Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
Training/ Capacity Building
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff.
- Train staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Conducts staff evaluations and advocates and plans for professional development for all subordinate staff
- Works with Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of project supplies are within budgeted targets.
- Attends coordination meetings, which are relevant to country activities.
- Interfaces with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
- Project management with high qualification in Civil Engineer, hygiene promotion (preferred), a WASH engineer, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience working as project manager preferably with I/NGOs with sound knowledge and experience of work in WASH interventions.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Experience leading complex on site emergency response projects and/or programs requiring extensive judgment and interpretation. Diverse geographical professional experience preferred.
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the Application in the following URL
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 26/03/2020you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as App will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.