Ended Procurement Officer
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Location of position: Al ALMOKHA, Taiz Governorate, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running three emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based at the Coordination, in Al-Turbah
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
The purchaser carries out the procurement for the programs and structure for his assigned base.
He is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarites International purchase procedures.
He is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases.
List of main tasks:
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his line manager
- manage procurements while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarites International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase requirements in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format and information supply documents comply with SI regulation
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarites International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional interlocutor)
Line interlocutor: Logistics Assistant Supply - Log /Admin Manager
Line supervisor(s) on base: -
Functional interlocutor: Logistics / Admin Manager
III. Profile required
- Diploma in social sciences, education or equivalent
- At least 6 months’ experience in the Logistics position or preferably as procurement officer
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 6 months minimum will be an assest
- Experience in Emergency response
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of supply procedures
- Proactive and motivated
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (Valid ID, CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarites International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 28th of March., 2020