Ended Guards (18)
Duty Station [Sana’a-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
Overall purpose of the role:
To assist in DRC overall safety system compliance around DRC premises
About the job:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforcing access control SOP
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Daily briefing to guard supervisor
- Ensuring compliance to guarding core essence of the job
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other tasks assigned
With regards to safety policy, the guard will report to Safety Team Leader - south
- Submit daily summary about shift overall observation recorded into log-sheet
- Immediately report any irregularities during the shift
- Shift handover between guards
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Solid computer skills
- Good reporting skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- High school, university degree in military studies is highly preferable
- Arabic - Fluent, reading and writing
- Good Level of English
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract ends in 31 December 2020, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible and be willing and able to work in Sana’a.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (K Non- Manager).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 26 March 2020. The interviews are expected to take place from the week follows the closing date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo