Ended Finance Officer
Post Title: Finance Officer
Organization: Social Fund for Development TAIZ Branch Office
Location: TAIZ City
Employment Type: Full-Time
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Application closing Date: 28/3/2020
Background Information: CCT Program
The SFD’s Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT) in Nutrition designed to respond to the urgent needs of the poorest families affected by the ongoing conflict and stimulate demand for nutrition, maternity and child services to improve the nutritional status of malnourished children and women in targeted areas using a complementary and integrated approach which includes a promotion, protection and resilience building. Since October 2016 the CCT program was able to support 296K women and children, provided health education sessions, monthly cash transfer, short-term employment in social services in nutrition for young females and facilitated access to the nutrition services and treatment.
Social Fund for Development is looking for talented and passionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to the crisis with the right skills. In this regard, SFD is seeking to recruit Finance Officerprofessionals to be part of its CCT program team.
Under the overall guidance of the CCT Program and the direct supervision of the SFD Branch Manager, the FinanceOfficeris responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties:
- Managing the program's bank accounts, cash imprestin accordance with SFD's financial regulations and rules.
- Maintaining accounting and financial controls and ensuring that disbursement procedures are conducted in accordance with approved budget lines and that disbursement documents meet all accounting requirements and procedures.
- Ensuring that disbursements are made based on proper authorizations and in compliance with SFD’s applicable guidelines and regulations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation.
- Reviewing the validity of disbursement requests and ensuring that all supporting documents are completed Reviewing funding requests (advances and replenishment), and ensuring that supporting documents are adequate, correctness and meet the requirements
- Ensuring that cash-based transfers (CCT) finance functions are conducted with required internal controls and in accordance with program operation manuals and guidelines.
- Ensuring efficient financial and local banking arrangements to timely deliver assistance to beneficiaries.
- Reviewing the detailed budgets of the program's activities and ensuring the disbursement of each activity is from the budget item allocated and in accordance with the rules and regulations followed.
- Providing the necessary financial information for the external and internal audit and responding to audit and oversight queries and follows up on related recommendations.
- Reviewing the monthly payment statements of end cash assistance beneficiaries, community educators well as the program employees Performing bank reconciliations, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis.
- Analyzing and reporting on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with program guidelines
- Documenting and maintaining regular records of disbursement documents and classify them in accordance with the approved program budget items
- Preparing quarterly financial reports and submit them to the SFD branch manager
1- The applicant must be between (25 - 35) years old.
Required education, skills and qualities
University Degree in Accounting ( A bachelor’s degree).
b. Professional Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of position-relevant experience in financial accounting and reporting;
c. Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and systems.
- Outstanding analytical skills with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high pressure environment.
- Good computer skills (proficiency with MS Office Excel in particular).
- Self-confidence, driven, and tenacious.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential, and a good working knowledge of English is desirable.
Interested candidates are requested to submit detailed Curriculum vitae (CV) with ½ page motivational letter stating why you are best suited for the position and the position you are applying for as well as copies of relevant certificates/degrees no later than 28 March 2020.
Please send it by the link and website below.
First register your profile at :SFD Recruitment System After creating your account complete all section ,send your CV to this email : firstname.lastname@example.org (putting the job title as the email subject to be considered).
Attach the following:
- Copy of qualification's certificate.
- Copy of ID card.
- Copy of relevant experience certificates.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations and guidelines of SFD.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview. Only short-listed eligible candidates will be contacted.