The ICT Assistant is responsible for the smooth management of the computer systems and networks of an organization. provide effective and efficient support on day to day basis to users of the network and systems, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems. responsible for enforcing the ICT policies and roll out of new ICT products and policies, training of staff and monitoring and upgrading of IT infrastructure. Also to improve the Document Management and Filing systems and routines and ensure that all relevant staff members are sufficiently trained and utilizing the relevant Document Management and Filing System effetely.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment.
- Plan network upgrades, expansions and replacements.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide ICT support to the area program and filed offices to ensure respective office technology optimum performance and ensure all staff adhere to ICT related guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Ensure that all software on NRC equipment is licensed and keep record of licenses and
- support contracts to include notification of renewal time-frame to management.
- Request and setup new user accounts and email accounts (in collaboration with ICT Support – Country office/Regional office).
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations, laptops, printers/copiers, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Ensure that computer network and other office technology access privileges, application requirement configured and maintained.
- Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Plan for technology upgrades, expansion and replacements by overseeing their systematic needs assessment, specification and budgeting.
- Ensure all the devices are up to date and secured.
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls) for the entire office setup.
- Conduct awareness and training session to new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Participation in the ICT solutions procurement process such as tendering, etc.
- Any other duties that may develop over the duration of the contract and assigned by the line manager.
- University degree in ICT.
- 1-2 years’ experience from working in ICT related fields.
- Demonstrated diplomatic communication skills with ability to build a strong work relationship with other staff members.
- Demonstrable proficiency in technically managing and providing user support for all types of office ICT- Computer, LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco switches, Routers, printers, communications, etc.
- Hands on experience in computer server installation and configurations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing performance and development.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Ability to strengthen effective working relationships at all levels.
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Competent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
We can offer
- 10 Months (possibility to renewal depending on donor’s funds availability).
- Female Candidates are highly encourage to apply.