Ended Travel Protocol Assistant
Travel Protocol Assistant (Multiple positions & Locations) - (2001244)
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: One year (Subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Posting Date: Mar 12, 2020, 1:17:45 PM
Closing Date: Mar 29, 2020, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location: (Sanaa, Aden)
Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health development agendas and emergency/resilience programmes, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams. The objective of the Administration and Finance Department (DAF) is to optimize the implementation of WHO's global health mandate through establishment and monitoring of effective and responsible management, administration and supportive policies, systems and services and to promote a collaborative working environment and ensure prompt financial, programme implementation and monitoring and efficient distribution of resources in support of WHO's leadership role in international health. Administrative support services operated in a resource effective and efficient manner.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Act as travel and protocol focal point; brief and guide staff, non-staff and visitors on WHO travel policy and rules related to travel class, entitlements and protocol matters, as well as General Management System (GSM) travel module.
2. Organize the travel of WRO staff and non-staff: review travel requests, obtain price quotations and travel itineraries from travel agent, hotel bookings, arrange security clearance and raise travel requests in GSM.
3. Advise staff on visa and vaccination requirements; ensure that application forms are correctly completed, attaching necessary supporting documents and liaise with embassies timely issuance of entry visas.
4. Verify travel claims against authorized itinerary, with regard to actual routing and duration of stay. Recommend solutions in case of discrepancies.
5. Support missions of official visitors; make necessary arrangements for accommodation, transportation, meet and assist at airport and registration.
6. Ensure international staff and their families, official visitors and consultants are registered as per the immigration rules. Prepares and follow up on correspondences with concerned parties specially MOFA, Airport authority and Immigration department.
7. Coordinate with UNDP, RO and HQ issuance and timely renewal of UNLP and UN family certificates. Maintain and update related follow up system.
8. Coordinate with EMRO Technical units all logistic arrangements for intercountry meetings held in the country, make necessary hotel reservations, provide required equipment's and other services.
9. Draft correspondence with all counterparts and ensure travel processes are well documented. Update and maintain related files and records.
10. Participate in surveys regarding hotel rates and meeting arrangements, and ensure the deals are regularly updated.
11. Verify invoices received from hotels and travel agent and ensure payments are timely effected. Keep records of all payments made for reconciliation purpose.
12. Assist in verifying overtime for drivers.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset
Essential: At least five years' secretarial/administrative related experience with focus on travel transactions
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices/procedures and routines.
- Good filing and organizational skills.- Stress and time management skills.
- Knowledge of UN field security operations and policies is an asset.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of local language.
Desirable: The above language requirements are interchangeable.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 18,997 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- THE VACANCY NOTICE MAY BE USED TO FILL OTHER POSITIONS AT THE SIMILAR OR LOWER LEVEL OR ON DIFFERENT CONTRACTUAL
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Interested candidates are kindly requested and strongly encouraged to apply on-line. You may access through:
- Career portal (WHO staff/internal):
- Career portal (external candidates):
The system provides instructions for on-line application procedures.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to observe the closure date and time outlined on the requisition at the time they access it through Stellis. This deadline; set by the system, reflects your personal device’s system setting. Applications received after the closure of the requisition are not accepted.
NB.: For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
- Your profile is properly completed and updated;
- All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided;
- Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.
- Kindly note that CVs/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.