Ended Market Research & Customer Experience Sr. Supervisor
ONE is a Yemeni-backed and run business developing a mobile money e-wallet for the Yemeni population. ONE consists of a diverse team blending technical and operational expertise in developing and launching mobile money platforms.
In bringing mobile money at scale to Yemen, the wallet will make a significant contribution to financial inclusion and customer protection, economic growth, and deliver sustainable, long-term positive outcomes for the Yemeni population and generations to come.
ONE enables people to use their mobile phone to easily pay for their goods, leveraging over 100,000 retail and distributor’s network to build commercial acceptance for digital payments. No other entity has commercial reach to successfully rollout an accepted Mobile Wallet.
ONE was established in 2018 and is a partnership between Hayel Saeed Anam Group (HSA) and WeNet, the financial switch. The company is based in Yemen with support office in Cairo.
ONE’s vision is to make every customer financially confident and in control.
Position Title: Market Research & Customer Experience Sr. Supervisor
Location: Sanaa- Yemen
Reporting Relationships: Marketing & Strategic Partnerships Director
Main Focus and Challenges
This role is to be part of the Operation program of work for the National Mobile Money programme. The programme is an opportunity to accelerate a major new commercial electronic financial services project whilst delivering societal benefit through financial inclusion in Yemen. The position will look after market research to come up with insights to improve the business. The position will be responsible for overall user experience and customer journey.
The Insights Sr. Supervisor is responsible for conducting effective primary and secondary marketing research and insights to deliver against the marketing strategy. Responsibilities include using multiple data sets (for example, customer, campaign, and content data) and bringing together digital insights and advanced analytics to drive actionable insights that meet business objectives.
- Helps define and execute new and existing research approaches to gain meaningful insight, that for example, enhances product and proposition development helps to optimise sales drives desired customer experiences and optimises marketing activities;
- To conduct and provide diverse research including market assessment, strategic review projects and evaluation activities
- Works collaboratively with market research suppliers, providing direction;
- Manages the commercial market research requirements in line with local market strategy and plans;
- Understands and champions customer research and supports product areas with using insights in the development and delivery of products and services;
- Ensures customer insight is understood and implemented (for example, into product concepts, customer journeys etc);
- Works with large customer datasets and data sets from large digital sources, transforming the data into outputs that explain customer behaviour and provide actionable insights;
- Develops and manages market segmentation;
- Presents outputs to internal customers, exchanging complex information in a clearly conveyed and compelling manner and helps promote the value of analytical work to the business;
- May provide guidance to junior colleagues;
- Report writing/presentation creation
- Other duties as assigned
- Identifying ideal customer profiles and mapping customer journeys to identify the gaps in customer experience across all touchpoints, for all kinds of customer interactions, transactions and engagements - from purchase to product return to customer support.
- Liaise with internal teams such as marketing, sales, product development, account management, billing, customer care, finance, UX etc. to ensure that gaps in the customer experience- irrespective of where they occur in the journey - are plugged
- Regular communication with internal stakeholders such as customer service executives and other customer-facing teams to identify gaps and opportunities, if any in the brand experience
- Developing holistic customer journeys and shaping all customer touchpoints: events, digital and print communication, social media interactions, in order to drive customer conversion rates across all stages of engagement
- Ensuring the CX strategies are aligned to the larger marketing and business goals and outcomes
- Collect, track and analyze customer feedback and suggest improvements internally based on the insights gathered - help measure metrics such as NPS to gauge how the brand is performing on CX performance parameters
- Work with the technology teams to ensure a seamless brand and buying experience with the technology- be it the brand website or a self-service app
- Create, and verify all scripts, contents and communications with customers through all touchpoints
- Support communication team with marketing campaigns and events to ensure best CEX is executed.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a best in class company, Telecom, NGO or multinational background with extensive experience in Marketing. They will be a highly capable member to a team, used to operating as a Customer Experience Specialist and/ or Market research analyst or equivalent with regional responsibility. He/she will be a natural change agent who brings prior restructure and build experience, who is used to fixing and creating from scratch.
The successful candidate will be driven by making a difference and therefore have the passion to drive growth. Demonstrating significant intellect and capability to operate in a very complex business operation, with multiple stakeholders, he/she will demonstrate strong attention to detail, exceptional integrity, and a hands-on, lean approach. If you are CREATIVE and PASSIONATE, you are the right candidate.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing research industry
- Bachelors in Business or mathematics and statistics studies is essential; postgraduate degree would be beneficial.
- Excellent combination of primary and secondary market research skills.
- Relevant marketing experience, ideally in a customer-centric fast paced environment,
- Experience in customer segmentation and successful communication campaigns, supported by data-analysis and market insight, required to deliver successful customer communication campaigns
- An analytical mind, and a strong knowledge of statistics
- An ability to handle data to work in quantitative research
- The ability to take responsibility and handle pressure
- Good understanding of financial principles, understands financial ratios, can interpret standard financial statements.
- Strong customer service background.
- Experience in and Knowledge of Telecoms industry (advantage).
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Strong Sales Planning Skills.
- Strong Commercial deal structuring skills.
- Proven planning, sales & distribution management skills
- Proven record of sales & revenue targets being hit
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts
- Self-starter, self-reliant and open-minded
- Should possess high energy levels that are consistent
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Should possess high personal standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and the customers
ONE is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
If you are interested, please send your C.V to HR@onemoney.org
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.