Ended WASH Project Coordinator
Wash Project Coordinator
Reference ID: R78/2020
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov
Contract length: 7 Months, renewable based of funding availability
The WASH coordinator will plan, develop, monitor and evaluate the assigned WASH project(s). Assess WASH needs, design projects, write proposals and initiate and effectively manage and report on projects in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. Provide technical support, leadership and strategic direction; meet quality standards in WASH delivery, encourage beneficiary participation, liaise with other stakeholders and manage and train WASH staff.
- Be directly responsible for the technical guidance, management and implementation of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programme
- Effectively manage the WASH projects using appropriate tools to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and to the expected quality.
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality are adhered to in all engineering activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given emergency stage, realistic and on budget.
- Ensure effective management and operational systems are established at all completed water and sanitation infrastructure, which are appropriate for the emergency stage and that take account of the projected course of the emergency situation.
- Contribute to the development of WASH projects in the form of draft project concept notes and draft proposals in consultation with the Programme staff and HOP
- Establishing network with the INGOs, UN agencies, local authorities and other actors in the area (Wash, Nutrition, livelihood etc)
- Liaise and coordinate with stakeholders wash clusters, UNICEF, etc
- Develop productive working relationships with Government, Non-Governmental institutions and other project partners
- Establishing linkage with community leaders and representatives
- Participate in the relevant sub-cluster meetings and other related forum at district or governorate level
- Conduct regular meetings with other project staffs to discuss and document lessons learned.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to other governorates to supervise, implement wash projects.
- Generate ideas to strengthen the development of wash project in Yemen
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Alatta Initiation regulations and charter
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on an on-going basis, and adapt to a shift or change in priorities, including the ability to work a flexible work schedule as needed to meet deliverable deadlines
- Compile the weekly and monthly statistics and activity report and submit to HOP
- Report and communicate the progress and achievement of specific assigned objectives as per the project work plan and finalize reports with district government line offices and concerned institutions
- Document and share lessons learnt in a comprehensive and detailed manner to enable track trends on changes on a timely basis
- Provide written feedback when and if there is need to alter the project as appropriate to maximize impact
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organizing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor in Public Health, Water/Civil Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
- Ability to capitalize on past experience and information available within the organization in order to become self –sufficient and autonomous quickly
- Excellent inter – personal, communications and representative skills(written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Experience working with host governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Experience in donor relation
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to live and work within a team and respect the rules of collective living
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political and economic aspects of the country
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of Al-Atta
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
- Previous humanitarian experience
- Significant experience in water, sanitation and Hygiene/ working as a WASH coordinator
- You Can Download the ARD Job Manual guide that show you how to apply from the following link http://alatta.org.ye/ard_jobs_manual.pdf or follow the following steps:
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, And the process for applying is as follow:
- Create an account in ARD website or sign-in (login) if you have already account by using this link https://alatta.org.ye/my-account
- After creating an account or login successfully then the website will redirect you to your account (my account) page.
- From My-Account page you have to click on candidate dashboard to go the current job list.
- Then search for any job position that fit your qualifications and click on it.
- Click on Apply for job button below (In the end of the job description) and if the button doesn’t appear to you, then you should update your web browser or try with another one.
- Rename your CV file name to be in English letters only before you upload it to our website.
- Fill the form and upload your C.V and copy your cover letter to the field of the cover letter then click on Send application.
latest date by 27/03/2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.