Logistics Assistant (Re-Advertised)
Duties and responsibilities
- Draft RFQ and receive back the quotations.
- Maintain proper files of requisitions, quotations and purchase orders.
- To report all procurement status in weekly/ monthly basis to the logistics officer.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Doing bid analysis and draft the purchase orders.
- Ensure proper recording and updating of asset register and ensure the appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item.
- Support the Logistics team for scheduling and conducting physical count of the assets.
- Manage inventory control/procurement of items at Sana’a office and all guest houses and report all stock balances to the logistics officer in weekly/ monthly basis.
- Ensure proper documentation are kept in dealing with daily warehouse operations ie. GRNs, Stock Release Forms, Waybills
- Ensure timely dispatch of materials to the field locations in coordination with the Procurement unit and program team
- To report in monthly basis, the warehouse movement to the logistics officer and provide suggestions when require.
- Manage Warehouse and stock control.
- Receive items (Stock, inventory, and assets) as per NRC regulations and rules.
- Prepare transport documentation accompanying dispatches such as packing lists, waybills and loading details to accompany shipment
- Follow up the delivery of supplies and organize for delivery of materials and payment processing.
Fleet/ generator management:
- Prepare fleet and generator report in accordance to NRC logistics guidelines
- Manage NRC drivers in Sana’a and Amran, develop vehicle and weekly movement plan, capacity building plan and conduct annual performance review
- Ensure proper recording on fleet management (e.g. log books, fuel consumption etc) according to NRC’s Logistics Reporting policy.
- Ensure hired vehicles & drivers adhere to NRC Polices & code of conduct at all times.
- Ensure that proper documentation is maintained for all aspects of vehicle & Generator operations. Ensure that log books are filled correctly and display all relevant information authorized by correct passenger or users and identify forms are filled for all non NRC staff whom using vehicles or operating generators.
- Generate of weekly staff movement plans for dissemination to all programs and departments.
- Assist with any other duties assigned by supervisor when required.
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or Business Administration related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience from working as a Logistician (warehouse – assets management in a humanitarian organizations or commercial context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Familiarity with warehouse and assets software.
- Fluency in English and Arabic Language writing & Speaking.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
- 10 Months contract with possibility of extension subject to funds.
- Please refer to the attached Job Description JD as well.
To apply, please use the below links:
Female Candidates are highly encourage to apply.