Ended Program Coordinator
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Based in Aden Governorate.
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Start date: April
Contract Duration: 9 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
Program Coordinator Job Description
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, monitoring and evaluating the assigned Program(s). He/she assesses needs, designs Programs, writes proposals, and initiates effectively manages and reports on Programs in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. The Program Coordinator also provides technical support, leadership and strategic direction; meets quality standards in delivery, encourages beneficiary participation, liaise with other stakeholders and manages and trains staff. The Food Security & Livelihoods Program Coordinator reports directly to the Program Manager. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
Technical Support and Management:
- Work on developing and reviewing the Program strategy in partnership with the concerned government authorities, local governorate authorities, directorates and beneficiaries.
- Oversee the implementation of NFDHR Programs in coordination with the other Program Coordinators
- Ensure Program implementation is according to the required standards/specifications and corresponding timetable of each Program.
- Oversee the development of field staff trainings and continuing education programs
- Supervise the maintenance and archiving of reports, records, and technical documents
- Oversee situational analyses, assessments, and studies in the areas targeted by the institution.
- Participate in developing policies and objectives for NFDHR Programs.
- Supervise, plan, organize, and monitor all Programs and activities carried out by Program managers or field coordinators and directly supervise the provision of water and environmental sanitation services in field programs.
- Prepare and submit periodic studies, reports, and evaluation around Programs, in coordination with the Program Quality Consultant.
- Develop Programs under the supervision of the Director of Relief Programs and in cooperation with NFDHR leadership, program officials, financial and operational management, and donor organizations
- Oversee Program monitoring and evaluation, ensuring the achievement of Program indicators and results at all stages of implementation
- Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations.
Coordination and Representation:
- Coordinate and communicate with relevant government and local authorities while planning new Programs within the program framework, ensuring their meaningful participation to respond to the local community’s needs.
- Coordinate with donors and concerned parties who are in charge of funds and activities facilitation.
- Attend cluster meetings and coordinate meetings with the concerned parties whether donors or other implementing partners in order to scale up the progress of the Program.
- Represent NFDHR in several meetings and events related to the sector, and prepare and present minutes from these meetings to the Director of Relief Programs
- Coordinate with government agencies and international/national organizations working in the same Program areas to avoid duplication and interference and to ensure success and impact
- Participate in the development and mobilization of annual resources for Programs and discuss with NFDHR leadership and supporting parties in order to finance them.
- Prepare and send news reports to the Media Officer on field Program activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly).
- Help to prepare Program reports and data in coordination with the M&E Officer for relief programs and the Program Quality Consultant.
The role of the Program Coordinator is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Program Coordinator is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s food security and livelihood Programs and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
- University degree in medicine, Public Health, engineering, agriculture, Food Security & Livelihoods, or any related major.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience with local or international organizations.
- Experience working in food security, agriculture, livelihoods, WASH, health , protection, education , or peace building Programs .
- Experience with Program management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Experience in donor relation
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of NFDHR
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
- A gross monthly salary with pay grade according to NFDHR’s grade scale.
- 22 vacation days per year
- National Holidays according to Yemeni calendar
- Deadline. 27-03-2020
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Writing Test
- If you interest please click on this link: