Ended Team Leader
Position: Team Leader
Job site: Mukalla
Report to: ASR coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff
Program Title: Enhancing protection and assistance to refugees and asylum seekers in the Southern Region - Yemen
The project aims to assist the spontaneous return of Somali in their origin country running help desk office and doing counseling and vulnerability assessment for the families intentioned to return in their country.
The team leader will be responsible for all case management activities. They will conduct trend analysis, information dissemination and referrals according to UNHCR standards in Protection work. They will be expected to build and maintain referral pathways, conduct weekly internal case management meetings and provide technical support to ASR out-reaches on the most complex ASR protection concern cases, such as child Protection, GBV and People with Specific Needs (PwSNs) cases. The team leader will ensure that all steps of the ASR process for an assigned number of ASR PoCs cases are conducted. child protection, SGBV and Persons with specific needs (PwSN) are conducted. They are responsible for the management of ASR outreach workers.
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification of SGBV, CP and PwSN cases by the outreach workers
- Supervise the activities related to individual CM for PoC (ASR principal applicants) in the intervention location in accordance with all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Support and manage a pool of outreach workers in their daily activities; ensure distribution of tasks within the teams.
- Supervise the correct documentation and compilation of the ASR related forms in accordance with all ASR steps and related tools and procedures.
- Ensure that all urgent cases are addressed immediately and shared with the direct line manager for possible intervention.
- In collaboration with the line manager, work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions.
- Hold regular caseworker mentoring and couching sessions based on identified needs and gaps.
- Organize CM meetings with service providers when needed.
- Communicate regularly with the caseworker teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Undertake field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitoring of the progress of the protection project activities.
- Ensure that all cases are filed in the intended list and that information is reported in detail about the case, background, case plan and follow up.
- Assist the Data Entry in providing statistics and reports to the ASR program Coordinator
- Ensure that the data registered in the files are safe and kept confidential
- Any other relevant ASR activities as required.
- BA in social work, education or another related field;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for child protection or general protection;
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and good spoken and written English;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Deadline for submission of application: 30 March 2020
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand, will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!