Ended Medical Doctor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Haydan hospital – Saada governorate.
Length of contract: one year fixed contract (renewable).
Contract type: Full time contract.
Starting as soon as possible.
Female candidate preferable.
MSF supports the following departments in Haydan MOH hospital: ER, pediatric IPD with ITFC and NBU, maternity, OPD with ATFC.
After the first phase of construction, we expect to start surgery in May2020, with implementation of OT, surgical wards and adult ICU.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Medical Doctor Diploma essential Desirable diploma in ped/ obgyn
- Two years desirable working experience.
- Experience with MSF or other NGO preferred.
- Spoken and written English is preferable.
Applications must be addressed in English. Incomplete file will not be shortlisted
Candidates should submit CV and motivation letter , working licence to the following:
Médecins Sans Frontières Saadah
Deadline for application: 5th of April 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.
Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned.