Ended Log Supervisor
INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Log Supervisor
MSF is currently looking for Log Supervisor
Position status: Full-time
Location: Cholera Treatment Centre (CTC), Al Qaedah
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) are an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- ensuring team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan/Log Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required
- Organizing and follow up hygiene kits distribution, linking up with actors for hygiene kit donations.
- Supporting Outreach with joining them from time to time to assess the wash activities.
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Essential English and Arabic
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, to MSF Principles and Stress Management.
All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of valid ID card and Certificate.
To Al Qaeda Hospital CV drop box or to email: MSFCH-Kilo-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
with subject: “Log Supervisor-CTC”
(Be aware of the MSF reception rules – drop it in the box in an envelope with your name & the position applied for on it;
Concerning emails: put in subject the position and send all your documents in one email)
Applications that do not have enclosed a copy of the ID card or bachelor will NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5:00 PM, 29th March 2020
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!