Ended Finance Coordinator
Location: Dhamar, Yemen
Position: Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Area Manager- North
Duration: Till December 31, 2020; Renewable based on fund availability and performance
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the direct supervision of Area Manager (North) and Technical Supervisor- Country Finance Coordinator (CFC), the primary responsibility of the Finance Coordinator (FC) – Dhamar - Hub is to maintain and adhere to RI financial policies and procedures including the donor regulations and guidelines to ensure that the Area Office finance department functions in an efficient and well-organized manner. This FC will be the focal point for overall Area Office Financial Management and Planning including Cash Flow, Proposal Development, Reporting, Donor Audit and Implementing Partners handling and Capacity Building. The role will also provide support to Finance Officers & Assistants in charge for daily operations of the area office, Accounting and Government compliance, knowledge-sharing and capacity-building of other team-members is a high priority.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Cash flow - Consolidate monthly cash needs from budget holders and compile monthly Area Field Office cash forecasts and ensure timely submission of information to the RI Country Office. Ensure at North area level cash flow is smooth covering all activities and in future possible field offices.
- Financial Management - Supervise all financial functions within the department i.e. (Financial commitments, payment vouchers reviewing, payment process, booking financial transactions in the financial system) taking into account the monthly closing deadline and the preparation of the monthly financial report related to the North Area Office.
- Budget Development - Act as a focal Finance point at area field office during the process of proposal development/budgets creation.
- Reporting - FC will ensure schedule for reporting is respected and all reports are compiled in an accurate and timely manner and submitted to RI Country Finance department for verification and approval. FC will lead and coordinate regular monthly BvA (budget vs Actual) reports and follow up meetings. FC will provide support including ad hoc and formal training on budget management and other finance-related skills as required, to budget holders to ensure that they pro-actively manage their funds.
- Audit – at Area level, lead preparation for internal and external annual, ad-hoc and donor audits. Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors in consultation with AM and CFC/CFM.
- External and Internal communication - Support liaising with Yemen authorities in , accountants and other relevant parties in financial matters to make sure RI Yemen operations are compliant with the Yemen legislations.
- Contribute to capacity building and sharing of knowledge within the finance in field office. Also maintain responsibility for transparency and accountability and implementation of policies and guidelines including donors.
- Ensure collaboration and cooperation with the Program and Logistic Department on cross-cutting issues.
- Review monthly Cash and Bank reconciliations.
- Ensures compliance with all donor requirements and advises budget holders on compliance issues.
- Acts as a liaison with program staff in the Area Office to assist in the understanding and compliance financial policies.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor/technical supervisor.
- Conduct performance feedback sessions and team meetings with the finance staff.
- As this is an Emergency Response programme, at times there will be the requirement to work additional hours and perform other tasks not detailed in this job description
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting.
- Experience in accounting/finance no less than 3 years of experience in finance function.
- Previous experience in NGO/INGO.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- High/Advanced writing/drafting skills.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
- Analytical/Communication/inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions independently and with limited supervision and work in a dynamic environment to meet deadlines.
Relief International's Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their applications by midnight April 2, 2020.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted