Open to Internal Candidates
Position: Liaison Officer
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Organizational Department: Management
Duty Station: Aden + Sana’a - Yemen
Type of Appointment: Short-Term 3 Months renewable
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: COB 31, March 2020
Islamic Help - Yemen Programme seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ABOUT ISLAMIC HELP – YEMEN PROGRAMME
Islamic Help is a UK registered-charity and international NGO established in 2003. It officially launches its work in Yemen in 2012 focusing on WaSH, Health, Food Security, Protection, Orphan welfare, Nutrition and Education in more than 15 governorates in Yemen.
In 2020, Islamic Help is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide millions of people with basic services and mitigate the situation of people suffering from the current conflict.
Job Purpose and Summary of the Position
The Liaison Officer (LO) is the interface between Islamic Help UK – Yemen Programme and national NGOs / INGOs, UN agencies, national authorities, and humanitarian actors. The LO establish and maintain formal and informal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of data linked to context and security for specifics coverage areas in Yemen.
This position reporting is under the direct supervision of the Country Director
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Represents and introduces Islamic Help UK – Yemen Programme with/to Government bodies, SCMCHA, MoPIC, line ministries and authorities, including Tax – Social Security, Local Communities and other governmental and non-governmental actors in the governorate.
- Provide Country Director with required information for the potential donors/partners inside and outside Yemen that are possibly partner with Islamic Help.
- Supporting and strengthening partnership establishing with other NGOs and humanitarian actors to preparedness activities and promoting joint or collaborative emergency responses.
- Participate in field trips to undertake in-depth reviews of specific coverage areas and perform field assessments in terms of safety security accessibility and possibilities of starting new activities.
- Preparation of Reports and communications, e.g. briefings, presentations, updated accessing procedures and information etc., provide up-to-date analysis and sitrep on trends and developments on the humanitarian situation in the country based on data got from clusters, news or official circulars.
- Assist in strengthening local level networks to gather information from the field, including from local communities and non-traditional partners and community leaders.
- Collaborating in doing assessments and develop a portfolio for program activities, Record and documents beneficiary, community and other bodies feedbacks in case if any.
- Participate in National and Sana’a hub cluster meetings and make sure that field volunteers participate regularly in hubs clusters meetings.
- Report weekly to the Country Director about the results of clusters meetings.
- Regularly report to line cluster about monthly activities of Islamic Help Yemen Programme.
- Domestic and international travel according to instructions of the Country Director and when required.
Required competencies and Qualifications
- Previous experience of implementing similar programs, in humanitarian or development settings.
- University degree and minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of the geography and culture of Yemen in general.
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively orally.
- Pro-activity and problem-solving.
- Computer literacy (especially word, excel).
- Language: English, Arabic fluency in oral and written required.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Islamic Help is an equal opportunity employer.
- Islamic Help does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted through email in English or Arabic language.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
All interested candidates should send their CV and contact details to the following email address no later than the mentioned deadline for application, only Word – PDF applications will be considered
- Start date: as soon as possible,
- Salary will be determined after the interview
- Kindly send your relevant CV to an email: email@example.com
- Kindly write “Liaison Officer” in the subject box of the email
Thank you for your interest and availability.