Ended Program Associate (Re-Advertised)
Job Posting: 23/Mar/2020
Closure Date: 02/Apr/2020, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
Duration: 6 Months (Extendable)
Post Number: N/A
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Yemen, the direct supervision of the Senior Resilience Officer, and in collaboration with other project managers and technical staff.
The Program Associate will assist in the formulation, execution and monitoring of activities pertinent to the emergency, recovery and development operation of FAO Yemen.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist to follow up and organize the correspondence of FAO Yemen with concerned agencies, partners and authorities (incoming and outgoing) related to the country program;
- Ensure the correspondence, communication, reports and other relevant documents are available in both Arabic and English languages
- Act as focal point for the coordination of FAO emergency, recovery and development programs and the Food Security and Agriculture Cluster, ensuring FAO Yemen emergency team updates regularly the 4W, provides the required narrative reports and contributes to the formulation, revision and monitoring of HNO and HRP;
- Liaise with the Project Managers and the Information Officer to ensure the FAO Yemen data base is regularly updated;
- In collaboration with the Communication Officer contribute to the formulation of situation updates, activities summaries, project updates, presentations and other communication related to FAO Program and activities;
- Contribute to the formulation of FAO Yemen annual report, ensuring the data and information reflect activities conducted during the year in accordance with the FAO Yemen database.
- Assist in the formulation of TORs for recruitment of staff and consultant for that can support the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the FAO program in Yemen. Liaise with FAO Operations and Admin Units, Finance deployments in FAO Yemen and if necessary with HR RNE and HQ to assist in the smooth deployment of staff and consultants.
- Prepare the minutes of the Program meetings ensuring are shared among participants and approved timely.
- Support the formulation of project proposal, contributing the desk review of relevant information, gathering of information thought national and international stakeholders;
- Assist in the revision, timely preparation and submission of project progress and terminal reports;
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- At least 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level. Experience with an UN Agency or International NGO desirable.
- University degree in English language, economics, business administration, social sciences, agronomy, veterinary science or related fields.
- National of Yemen
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Proven expertise in project management.
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Word, Excel essential.
- Full competency and fluency in English and Arabic.
- Sound understanding of the programme management cycle and support activities.
- Ability to analyse complex topics and present them to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple agencies, effectively building an understanding and partnership with other UN bodies, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
- Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work anywhere in the country.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to be a positive team member with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/