Ended Logistics Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSFH is pleased to announce the following position:
Name: Logistics Supervisor.
Name: Logistics Supervisor
Report to: Fin HR Logistics Manager
Report to functional: Fin HR Logistics Manager
Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training
- Essential previous experience in related relevant positions (MSF or other NGO).
- English and Arabic essential.
- Computer skills (internet, excel and word essential)
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the governorate to all districts
- Flexibility and good security understanding
- Working experience with authorities and community members
- Good knowledge of the area including the population’s living conditions, traditions and beliefs
- Good communication skills and management ability
- Diplomatic skills
All applicants should submit:
- Application letter (explaining relevant experience and motivation),
- CV in English
- Recommendation letters
- A copy of Yemeni ID
- Copies of relevant Degrees
The above-mentioned documents should be delivered to:
By email to: email@example.com and Marked Logistics Supervisor in the email subject line.
Or can be hand delivered in a sealed envelope and marked Logistics Supervisor at MSF Office in Al-Mojama’a, Saba’a Street, Ma’rib.
MSF does not accept double employment. Successful candidate will be asked about her/his current employment status, with governmental or non-governmental organization. The selected candidate will not be retained until s/he has presented with a proof that s/he is no longer employed with another entity.
Closing date: 3rd of April 2020.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the test and the interview.
- Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test