MEDICAL ASSISTANT/ HODEIDA REFERRAL FOCAL POINT –
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: MEDICAL ASSISTANT/ HODEIDA REFERRAL FOCAL POINT
Requirements for the position
- Essential Medical Assistant Degree
- 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Assistant or in clinical work
- Good knowledge of the Yemen health system and mainly Hodeida hospitals
- Administration or communication related experience desirable
- Essential Arabic and English.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet).
Place of work: Hodeida, Hodeida Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2020, with 3 months of probation period and possibility of extension
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
To guarantee the proper functioning of the Referral Policy in the mission by following referred cases from Abs and Al Qanawis Projects to Hodeida Hospitals and following the medical and administrative functioning of the external health structures where MSF/SPAIN referrers to.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Monitor and ensure the proper application of the MSF/SPAIN Referral Policies by following all the referral processes and theirs outcomes.
- Ensures a correct flow of the patients referred by MSF/SPAIN Projects to Hodeida hospitals, from the moment of transferring patients from MSF/SPAIN hospital back to the district until the moment patient’s discharge from Hodeida referral hospital.
- Ensures that the referral policy is understood by the patients and their relatives.
- Refreshes list of contacts and services provided by each referral hospital (by visits/phone).
- Facilitates admission procedures for the patients that are referred from MSF/SPAIN Abs hospital to the destination Hospital in case of facing any problem, and do the regular follow up of the cases while admitted in the referral hospital and ensure that they are receiving good quality care.
- Ensure that all patients have received the correct amounts of money (per diem, transportation fee) during their stay at Hodeida referral hospital.
- Ensure with the project prior to referral that all the patients have signed and understood the discharge of liability before their referral.
- Help and guide the patients and care takers on discharge hospital procedures.
- Communicate with Capital Referral Focal Point/Medical coordinator regarding all MSF/SPAIN referred patients’ condition and update on patients prognosis. Discuss every issue concerning the discharge of patients, once they are stabilized and they can continue the treatment at MSF/SPAIN Health facilities.
- Ensure that hospitals provide to ALL the patients a proper discharge medical report.
- To be responsible to review the bills/invoices from the referral hospitals as well as designated drug pharmacy and check that the prescriptions are coherent with the diagnosis and the prices are following the standard price list from the hospitals in cooperation and to be approved by the medical coordinator.
- Send the invoices to the capital referral focal point to be filed in a tidy and organized way.
- Ensure proper data collection of the referred patients from MSF/SPAIN Abs Hospital to Hodeida Hospitals, and share the evolution and the outcome with the related Capital Referral Point/Medical coordinator.
- Due to the nature of the mission, flexibility in tasks will be asked for in order to assure the good functioning of the mission and the well-being of the patients.
Other responsibilities and tasks:
- Under the Project coordinator guidance, to liaise with external key stake holders at Hodeida Governorate level, submit and follow-up the requests to the authorities for issuance of travel permits, resident permits for International staffs, sub-agreements, scheduling meetings and ensuring the information sharing mechanisms are in place following MSF/SPAIN principles and procedures.
- Provide assistance to achieve the approval and signature by the government authorities (SCAMCHA) at Governorate level of sub-agreements, work and travel permits, staff resident permits and other requested necessary documents.
- Ensure that the documents are translated as appropriate for submission to the relevant Authorities as per the MSF and government set procedures. Also, translating the documents, notifications and letters from government Authorities (SCAMCHA) and sharing with MSF/SPAIN management.
- Prepare and keep the tracker record updated on progress update of visas, sub-agreements, travel and resident permits, etc.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of valid work permit from the medical council in Sana’a, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in the MSF Spain office in Al Qanawis.
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Tuesday 31/03/2020.
Please mention the position title “MEDICAL ASSISTANT” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.